tweezers and nail scissors ok if driving to port?

I know on an airplane you can't have nail scissors. Can I pack tweezers and/or nail scissors in luggage to be put directly on ship?

Thanks-

J in WV on Grandeur this Sunday, Aug.1

THANKS nyer

I am so looking forward to not having the airport hassle! I just wish they could dock the larger voyager class ships in Baltimore! Oh, well, maybe we will try the ships sailing from NJ-that would be a 6 hour drive.

J in WV

On the Enchantment a few years ago we drove to the port. I had a small pair of haircutting scissors in my carryon luggage(cost $35). They confiscated them.??? I couldn't figure out why they were doing this as I was going to board a cruise ship with a whole lot of steak knives. I questioned them, but never got an answer to this one.

there is no problem if you put all that sort of stuff in your checked luggage. my husband is the type that never goes anywhere without his pocket knife. i just put it in checked luggage and we're fine. i always bring my hair cutting scissors too.

I never had my carry-on baggage checked other than the scanner, and I have had scissors, and other sharp instruments inside. To be on the safe side though, I would put that stuff in the luggage you check with the porters.

I never had a problem at the cruiseport although the airport took my "dangerous" nailfile away from me. the last time I was actually given a meal on a plane they gave us plastic knifes but a real fork. I could not figure that out. Surely a fork could do more damage then a nail file.

Archived