St. Tropez - suggestion of what to do/not do

Hi!

My husband and I are going to be in St. Tropez late April on the Royal and I have been trying to decide between a leisure day in St. Tropez or take and excursion to outlying towns.

Neither of us like being with large groups of people, enjoy meandering and seeing things we can't see where we live in Colorado.

There's not that much info out there on St. Tropez...just seeing if anyone had gone there before and what you enjoyed or didn't enjoy about it...

Thanks in advance!

I've been lucky to call there twice on two different cruises. On the first cruise, we walked all around the town, climbed up to the fort for the panoramic overview that included our ship at anchor in the harbor, and just had a wonderful day. When we went back in September last year, I found a site that had public boats to some of the other villages in the area. We had a fabulous! day going to St. Maxime and Port Grimaud by boat (see link information below). It was so nice being out on the water with the beautiful scenery and pulling into all the harbors. Both of those villages were very different from St. Tropez, so it was nice to have that much variety in one day. St. Maxime was just delightful with a street market the day we were there. Port Grimaud was very scenic too, and we went on a boat ride to up into all the canals. Others from our ship took a sightseeing excursion around the port in St. Tropez to point out all the star homes, and they were pleased too. St. Tropez is a really nice place to just be and not go from place to place. It's lovely, and although we have been to a lot of ports, I must say that the yachts there were the most impressive that I've ever seen, and you can see into them while walking around the harbor. We sat in a park and watched the locals play a game (I don't think I can even describe it!) while I fed a French dog some of my quiche--LOL! This port is a great addition to a Med itinerary, and I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Have a great cruise,

Donna

http://www.bateauxverts.com

click on the English flag

click on Presentation

click on Activities

then Shuttles toward St. Tropez

Archived