Deluxe Stateroom GTY on Monarch

Has anyone here ever booked this category on the Monarch? If so, have you ended up with a suite or an ocean view cabin? It is listed WITH the suites, but the description makes it sound like the highest ocean view category(as far as square footage and it refers to obstructed views on deck 9). There is also an OV GTY listed at the end of the ocean view cabins, so I'm wondering about this one.

I checked into this when I booked our Monarch cruise, it was definately the SO view not a suite. The obstuction is the life boats, which cover half the window. We just went with a regular ocean view, it was small but nice. I think I would go for the SO next time if the price was right.

Gee, I've been looking at all sorts of dates, so I don't really remember which one had the guarantees. But I do know that they had a GTY for the ocean view category and then there was one in the suite category also, but it was called a Deluxe Stateroom GTY.

I just sailed Monarch last weekend. I booked it last September as a Deluxe GTY. I was assigned a SO on deck 9. There was a lifeboat there, but it hung below the window - it wasn't like it was right in front of the window. In any case it was nice to have the light and the extra space, but honestly next time I'll probably just book an inside. There are very few suites on Monarch, so I would think the chances of getting one with a GTY would be comparatively low.

Yes, I have come to the conclusion (with the help of all of you) that if I book this cruise, I just better cough up the $$$ and book a JS. I don't think DH would be happy in an ocean view because of the size, and I'm not going to take a chance with the GTY.

Thanks for all your help!

Archived