Carnival's Dress Attire Rules ????

jtudds

Hi, my wife and I are booked on a cruise for November this year on the Valor.

Can anyone advise on Carnival's dress rules and especially policy on jeans?

Reason i ask is, i'm not a great suit lover, and am much more comfortable in jeans and a shirt. Can these be worn for dinner, or is it strictly trousers and shirt? If so, looks like i'm going to have to go shopping for some trousers and gear, unfortunately that i'll probably end up never wearing again after.

May i also just add, i do wear smart jeans, i'm not just a scruff that won't wear trousers, i'm just not comfortable in them.

Thanks for any advice and experience.

Hi, my wife and I are booked on a cruise for November this year on the Valor.

Can anyone advise on Carnival's dress rules and especially policy on jeans?.

From the carnival site

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Dining_Room_Dress_Requirements.aspx

Is there a dress code for the dining room?

spacer.gif Depending on the length of the cruise, either formal dress or casual resort wear is required in the Dining Room. The dress requirement for children is the same. For those not wanting to dress up, the Lido restaurants are open nightly (with the exception of the last evening of the cruise), and have a casual dress code. Formal Wear: tuxedo (optional); suit and tie; sport coat, tie and slacks; evening gown; cocktail dress; pantsuit Casual Resort Wear: sport shirts and slacks; dresses; skirts; pantsuit NOTE: Shorts, t-shirts and bathing attire are not permitted in the Dining Room during dinner.

Here is a link to the official dress code:

This is truly a dead horse topic on this website, so I will not try to interpret Carnival's intention, nor will I play dress code morality police or try to define or debate "smart casual" I will give you an operational view of reality:

Jeans are accepted and worn by many people on all nights, you will never be turned away unless you are in shorts or bathing attire, and sometimes not even then sadly...

On formal nights, you will most likely still see jeans, but if possible try to dress up, or go to the buffet, but you will miss out on the tastiest night in the dining room...

here we go again...

if you check the fashion boards, where this thread will eventually be moved, you'll find lots of varying opinions. short answer is yes, you can wear jeans.

Zaandam, I was just thinking the same thing!!!! (Here we go again :rolleyes: )

Nothing personal to the OP, it's just that there are probably 50+ threads on this very subject. Welcome to the boards! You will learn a lot at CC.

Mr. Dood, what happen to your avitar?

Right on Cruzincurt. Smart jeans or dumb ones they are jeans. This is a formal 4 to 5 star resturant you are dinning in. If you were taking your wife out to dinner in an upscale restaurant and were wearing jeans for the occation by all means wear your jeans. Or you could try to join in on the fun and dress for the coaation.

well, i have never cruised before, but i will be on feb 11! in my opinion, while i wouldn't wear jeans personally... i'd give it a shot. but definately dress them up. wear dark jeans with a dress shirt and a sport jacket. i think that looks good... on formal nights i wouldn't... but that's just me. also, i find it quite amusing when people say "it ruined their dinner" when someone came wearing jeans... if you look nice yourself, why do you care what anyone else is wearing? again.. just my opinion

Here is a link to the official dress code:

This is truly a dead horse topic on this website, so I will not try to interpret Carnival's intention, nor will I play dress code morality police or try to define or debate "smart casual" I will give you an operational view of reality:

Jeans are accepted and worn by many people on all nights, you will never be turned away unless you are in shorts or bathing attire, and sometimes not even then sadly...

On formal nights, you will most likely still see jeans, but if possible try to dress up, or go to the buffet, but you will miss out on the tastiest night in the dining room...

If you are sitting near me on formal night in jeans I will ask that you be removed - I have done it before and I will do it again.

If you do not want to follow the rules - eat somewhere else. Thank you.

hey OP, we just got off the Valor 4 weeks ago. Had a blast. You will fit right in wearing jeans in the dining room on non formal nights. That was the norm 4 weeks ago.

On formal nights that's a different story. Everyone was pretty much dressed up.

Hope you have as much fun as we did!

That's my experience.....not advice....

Thats strange, i was just on the Valor and the Madre'd was turning people away everynight for not being in dress code.

To many people think the rules to no apply to them and think they can do what ever thay want.

Read the new Carnival dress code, it has now been changed from "suggested dress" to "required dress"

Thats strange, i was just on the Valor and the Madre'd was turning people away everynight for not being in dress code.

To many people think the rules to no apply to them and think they can do what ever thay want.

Read the new Carnival dress code, it has now been changed from "suggested dress" to "required dress"

I applaud this... it's about time... :)

If someone is near you wearing jeans you ask that they be removed?? I am not going to wear jeans and neither is my husband, but if someone else wears them, it is of no concern to me.

It reminds me of today when dd said "Mom, he is making faces at me" So I said "Well, then quit looking at him, and it won't bother you."

Not being catty, but truly curious- why does it bother you so much? Why don't you just ignore them?:confused:

You can just about wear what you want. Jeans are ok except for formal night I would say. But hey if you want to go ahead and wear them. I dont think they will send you to the naughty corner or out of the room. I would suggest a ice pair of jeans and a nice collard shirt.

Its a Fun Ship...

Relax, Have Fun, Take Plenty of Pictures, and Enjoy!!!!!

hey OP, we just got off the Valor 4 weeks ago. Had a blast. You will fit right in wearing jeans in the dining room on non formal nights. That was the norm 4 weeks ago.

On formal nights that's a different story. Everyone was pretty much dressed up.

Hope you have as much fun as we did!

That's my experience.....not advice....

Must have been a cruise out of Texas... :cool:

We didn't notice anyone in the dining room on the Valor in December get turned away for improper dress. Maybe we were not paying attention.

But then again I did not see anyone that was out of dress code:D

My suggestion is for formal nights rent a tux. You will fit right in, not have to buy something you won't wear again, it will fit correctly and you only have to pack your shoes and socks for those nights.

For casual nights - bring jeans, khakis or dockers. Wearing any of those you will fit in. My thought is if you are that worried about what material and style my black pants are you really need a more interesting dining companion.

My husband is also a strictly jeans type of guy and I don't even own a nice dress but for our Alaskan cruise this summer on the Spirit my husband is renting a tux for the cruise and I am going out and buying a couple of formals, that yes I probably will never use again, but I do not want to feel out of place when I walk into the dining room. So yes we are willing to spend the extra money so that when we return from our cruise we won't be the couple that everyone talks about on these boards.

Yes Ms. Virginia...

My typing and/or spelling is not that great but I am sure glad you got a laugh out of it.

The point of this is don't worry about what you are wearing or going to wear. Just have fun... Relax... ENJOY that cruise you can only take 3 times a year.

SeaMonkeyCruise.jpg.9d7424b22ba8ba66fd5c3d605c2ad4aa.jpg

Archived