OPERA- Opinions on dining!!!

joybaby

Hi Bobar, Joybaby, Geo, Green, green grass at home

Just wanted to ditto everything said by Bobar. Had a fantastic time on the March 10th sailing of the Opera. With all the posts about food etc. I didn't know what to expect.

Have sailed on almost all the lines on many cruises and in fact I've been a travel agent for over 25 years and wouldn't hesitate to recommend this line. Entertainment was outstandinding and the 10 youngItalian "kids" who ran many of the activities had so much pep and enthusiam.

Yes the ship was different from the major lines but that made it "a breath of fresh air." How nice!

If the food wan't good why did I gain 5 pounds.

Hope everyone going on this ship has a great cruise.

Edith

Hi,

We were on Opera 3/10 - 3/21. The ship was beautiful. Entertainment and staff was good.

The fish, past, pizza and eggplant were great to good. The meat dishes that We tried were not so good (dry). Bring a large glass with you, if you like to drink ice tea, cause you get a very small glass on board. Also, no ice tea to be found from late afternoon. But you can get it a dinner. Our waiter was far from the best. A third of the time we didn't get what we ordered . Once at lunch in the dinning room once we had a rude waiter. He was surprised when he found out that some of our party spoke Italian. We had to change our cabin because the lady who clean our cabin used something that smelled it out. The head of her dept came to our cabin and could not believe the odor. They took the drains apart and tried to flush then. So we were move to a cabin on another floor. We had to move all our stuff except two suit cases.

Bottom line for us is that we like the other main stream cruise lines much better. I have taken over 35 cruises so I have some thing to compare it with. While no cruise is perfect, this line is not for us.

Geo

sorry y'all didn't enjoy it as much of the rest of us.maybe we'll run into you on another cruiseline:cool:

I can't remember when we had more fun!! We will do MSC again.:)

Loved your hat, Bobar.

Archived