Best "suite-type" hotel in Galveston?

CruiseMark

Hi,

We're cruising on the Conquest out of Galveston this summer and I've begun to research pre-cruise hotels.

Ideally, we'd like a suite-type places for two adults and two teens. A few of the places I looked at had two bedrooms, but each had one queen or king. That won't work for us, we need 3 beds.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark

Well..Its a little pricey,but my favorite condos are...

http://www.galvestonian.com and http://www.islandereast.com

Like I said,a little pricey..But they are right on the beach,on the East end..Beautiful views,very quite seclude location.Both have great pools area and walkovers to the beach...

These all sleep I believe 3-8....Ok,not each unit,but they have units that accomodate up to 8....They book quickly...

Also,the Victorian Condotel sleeps up to 6....This used to be a favorite of mine,then took a nosedive when it became a timeshare property...But I have heard,although not first hand that they are improving their image..

The Reef,I believe would be way to small for you..Have you tried the suites at the San Luis??

Check the Sheraton at Bush Airport -- they have Jr. Exec Suites with and adjoining bedroom. For pre-cruise or post cruise stays you can usually get a very good rate. They cater to the weekday traveler and give great discounts for the weekends. Your distance to the port is longer, but depending on how you are arriving in Houston, it all ends up the same.

Archived