what to do in belize with kids?

sherrix2

there are so many things that sound like fun under the carnival site excursions but alot u have to be 8 years old and my one son will only be 6. anyone with younger children WHAT did you do????

thank you

We booked with cavetubing.com. We had a 7 year old, and an 11 year old with us and our cruise line minimum age was 12 to go cave tubing.

I took my 6 YO to the Mexican Rodeo (along with my 21 YO son who LOVED it too). It is so very cool and different from anything we have here---not at all like American rodeos.

The cave tubing is great fun, but bear in mind the water is cold and takes some getting used to for adults and it was waaaayyy too cold for the comfort of my son and you may want to be careful about choosing it if your child gets chilled easily in colder than normal water temps.

i read alot of the cave tubing sites and they say 7 or 8 old but my son is only 6.:( i wish there was a good tour/beach thing.

does anyone know of any good beaches there and do i need to book them or can i take a taxi or something there?

thaniks

does anyone know of any good beaches there and do i need to book them or can i take a taxi or something there?

thaniks

The only good beaches are not on Belize but the Cayes around it, you can either tender ashore and find a local tour guide to take you you to one or book the ships excursion, you will be taked directly from the ship to the cayes.

Also, I hear the zoo is nice for the younder kids but it is quite a long taxi ride.

Here is the zoo's website. http://www.belizezoo.org/zoo/zoo.html

The cavetubing is a big hit with kids from 6 to 60, but if the company doesn't allow a 6 year old, I would opt for a trip to Bannister Island or take the water taxi to Caye Caulker. Do a Google for both places and see what suits your taste the best. All of them are fun.

clackey

did u do either of these? do u remb the prices or how u got to bannister island? these sound interesting...thanks

would opt for a trip to Bannister Island or take the water taxi to Caye Caulker.

Hola Sherri,

We booked at the tender dock for the Bannister Island trip. Prices ran from $38 to $48 pp depending on who you talked to and if you wanted the boat snorkel trip included. The island is small but gorgeous. They also had a roped off swimming area and kiyaks available. I wish I could post some pictures, but I have not been able too. Too computer illiterate I guess.:(

You can go to www.gocayecaulker.com and fiind out something about that island. It is larger, has stores and you can go there on the water taxi. You can also do a Google for the water taxi and get their schedule. Caye Caulker might be a little better for your crew, but I'll bet either place would be enjoyed.

Archived