Help!! Diamond Princess disembarkation question

KikiKruiser

What's the earliest anyone has disembarked from the Diamond Princess after their 7-day Mex Riv sailing? Is it cutting it too close to book an 11:00 am flight out of Long Beach? I heard there's an early disembark program onboard if you can tote your own bags?

if you can carry your own luggage you can be first off the ship...we walked off at 7:40 am....if you need to pick off your luggage you will be off no later than

10 am for late people but tell princess you have early flight and you will get off early enough..

the only thing that might ruin flight is delay in ship arrival or immigration issues...then you have to call and reboook...

[

On our last cruise, disembarkation didn't even begin until 8:30am. Don't know what was going on with San Pedro's immigation/customs people as there was only one other ship there that morning. Maybe Long Beach is close enough for a Saturday morning that you won't hit too much traffic even if you don't get off the ship first thing. Definitely too early to get to LAX (with long security lines too).

I would check to see if there are other ships in port that morning... it may cause a delay (I was on Cruisin' Chick's cruise)

But for our most recent cruise, although it wasn't San Pedro, we just got off the Carnival Pride in Long Beach a couple of weeks ago. Weather of all things kept us from being on time which delayed disembarkation and we were the only ship there. Anything could happen... but if you do keep that flight, I agree with hommebronze - self embarkation is probably the way to go.

Archived