Where do Cunard cruises leave from in New York?

Painter

Cunard New York Homeport is Brooklyn. Occassionally and rarely because there is only one slip in Brooklyn do they port somewhere else. Cunard has ported in Bayonne and at the Manhattan piers in the last year. A cab from midtown should be on the $30.00 range.

If there is only one slip in Brooklyn and all three queens are in for the 2008 World's cruises on the same day, do you think they will use the Manhattan piers or will they greatly reduce the total event by speading the three ships out all over the harbor?

I hope they chose Manhattan a it is so much more interesting than the industrial section of Brooklyn and of course easier to get to. In any event plan on a bit of a zoo as that many folks getting on and off on the same day with more than the usual compliment of luggage will be a sight out of the hay days of transatlantic travel when as many as six ships would be leaving on the same day for all parts of the world.

If there is only one slip in Brooklyn and all three queens are in for the 2008 World's cruises on the same day, do you think they will use the Manhattan piers or will they greatly reduce the total event by speading the three ships out all over the harbor?

I hope they chose Manhattan a it is so much more interesting than the industrial section of Brooklyn and of course easier to get to. In any event plan on a bit of a zoo as that many folks getting on and off on the same day with more than the usual compliment of luggage will be a sight out of the hay days of transatlantic travel when as many as six ships would be leaving on the same day for all parts of the world.

I suspect they will use Manhattan but Manhattan which has five berths is being redone. They are widening the piers(but about 40 feet) and reducing the space in the water for the ships. Reducing the five berths to three. This work is going on now one pier at a time. NCL and HAL have ships sailing from Manhattan all year long. The work on the first of the three finger piers is underway now. Personally I wouldn't expect the renovations to be done by next year so I am not sure how they will accommodate all three ships at the same time in Manhattan. The renovations can be found and discussed at www.nypst.com

Archived