Tips for driving into Miami Port

macyray

On the day before New Years we drove to Port of Miami arriving around 10am and traffic was a bit hectic. By 11 we were one of the first on the ship, I recall looking out at the parking lot where I'd parked my car and was amazed to see that all the traffic had dissipated. Next time I'll arrive after 11am but before noon. ;)

18 Feb is Sunday of President's weekend. I'd expect traffic to be light by Miami standards.

Sunday is however a big turnaround day for cruise ships. Remember that the following week you too will be anxious to get the heck out of the port. My suggestion is to not try to be the first one at the port because you'll be faced with swimming upstream against the exiting hordes.

There's plenty of parking at the port - especially if you let last week's folks get out!

After 11 is a good suggestion - I prefer to wait until 2 or 3 myself - and have a nice lunch in town. Others want to lunch on the ship .... I understand that... My choice is to get a good Cuban sandwich and board after the "me first" crowd has dissipated.

Archived