white squall ii sailng excursion

thatbloominplace

i just wanted to let you know about another sailing/snorkeling excursion in tortola that does not get much talk on these threads.

white squall ii is an older sailing vessel that plies the waters in the bvi. it is located about 3-5 minutes walk from the ship's docking area. one of the best aspects of this excursion is that you sail, not motor, the majority of the time. on the day we went, there were storms in the area so were were limited in the places we could go to snorkel. we did manage to get in 2 spots and the snorkeling was excellent in both. one was off of norman island.

onboard, drinks are served whenever and how often you would like. they served a buffet style lunch of barbeque chicken, coconut rice, etc. that was very good. the staff was incredible, including the captain, who was a bit gruff and eccentric to the point of being fun. a word of caution: do not bring a banana on board. you can ask him about this yourself. our trip had only 10 passengers, although there were supposed to be 6 others who didn't show. i gathered that there are rarely 20 passengers on at atime. i would highly recommend this as a peaceful, pleasant sailing experience in the bvi.

steve

• 2 weeks later...

I did hear back from whitesquall - unfortunately I was not impressed with their 'cancellation' policy. I asked what would happen if the ship was a) late arriving or b) never made it there as it was diverted, and was told that I would need to provide 24 hours notice for any cancellation! Which means if either of the above options happened (without know at least a day in advance) we would be out $105US per person!!! I don't think so!

Froufie

Archived