A question about adding a passenger to single booking after final payment date.....

patrioticgirl

On the cruise in question, the cost of the cruise increased after final payment date. If one wishes to add a passenger to a single booking after final payment has been made, will the original booking price be used to calculate the 2nd passenger rate or is the cost recalculated based upon the current pricing at the time the 2nd passenger is added to the reservation? Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hey there, Gail! Thanks for saying hello.

I currently have a reservation on hold as a single. A friend is considering joining me, but won't know until March if it will be possible. Final payment is approaching and rather than book a double take a chance on losing the second fare, I thought I would ask about the policy on adding a person at a later date.

Interestingly enough, I just called Captain's Club and was put on hold when I posed this query.... the rep said that she needed to doublecheck before answering. The response I received was that as long as I did not change the cabin category that the pricing code would remain the same ....that the two person rate at time of original booking would be honored. We'll see if that hold true..... If the story changes and there is a new pp rate that ends up being more than my current single fare, I will just maintain the reservation solo. :)

Maybe they've changed their policy then. I thought it was ridiculous. I tried to add a friend 30 days out and it would have cost me $300+ on my part of the reservation plus her fare because it had gone up. She just decided not to go. Which was a shame.

You avatar is a very nice picture!

Well, if the price is really good and the port charges and taxes aren't a killer, book her anyway as the second passenger.

If she doesn't go, you'd just be out port and tax. You'd be paying the double cruisefare anyway as a single.

As far as the Captain's club advice. In order for the rate to hold in March, the farecode you are booking under will have to be the same. If you are using a promotional farecode for your initial booking... and that farecode in not there is March, they do not have to honor the lower original rate.

I tried to add a second for a Dec 2007 cruise (11 months from now ) and the rate would go up $300, so I just cancelled...great business practice Celebrity..:eek: maybe it will go down again later,,yes just book for 2 all the time and the worst would be losing the taxes and port fees

Archived