New member on Journey 8/4/07

RnD

This is our 44th cruise since we got married 30 years ago. We are both pleased to see a smaller vessel again in a main stream cruise line. Our concern is that after this season the ship will be completely refitted. We went through this on the Horizon, and found the cleanliness, and overall appearance not up to celebrities usual standard.

Our experience with this line has always been good, and we have enjoyed it more than some of the "higher end" brands we have been on. We just hope that our experience on this smaller ship is a good one, since it seems virtually every cruise line has suffered as a result of the many mergers that have taken place. We took a Princess cruise, and it seems that Carnival has worked its magic on most of its acquired vessels (gone down hill). The same for Windstar.

At any rate anyone else on this trip, and does anyone else have the same misgivings about this recently acquired ship?

Yes, the Journey is scheduled for makeover BEFORE it starts sailing for Celebrity. So, not to worry.

for additional information on this ship, go to the Roll Call section. There are a few threads, including my 10/27/07 trip, that has quite a bit of information.

Happy sailing!

nlvc

A travel agent gave us this feedback:

"As a matter of fact, I HAVE experienced Journey while the ship still belonged to the Renaissance cruise line! It's an absolutely beautiful ship, very classic looking, gorgeous woods everywhere, really very elegant yet understated at the same time, as if you were on someone's private yacht. I cannot recommend it highly enough, truly! "

I hope they don't lose the elegant ambiance and make it glitzy instead...

Archived