Any Canadians cruising on Feb 15th this year?

February 15th is Canada's flag day. We'll be on the Jewel that day in St. Thomas. I've brought along a Maple Leaf as well as some Maple Leaf tatoos for the day.

Any other Canucks out there that day? Where and what ship will you be on?

Cheers,

Laurent

Sorry no, we won't be cruising until may, but just wanted to say hi to a fellow canuck here on the boards :)

We are cruising on February 24th :D This time we have an aft balcony on deck 10 and I am taking along a little Canadian flag that will clip on to the rail of the balcony :)

Adventure Of the Seas: sounds like a lot of fun! If you haven't already done so, please click on the link above and say hi to the gang. It's O.K.: even though you're from Toronto, you're more than welcome!;):D

If you haven't already done so, you should visit our embassy here on CC: <click here>

Morning Laurent...uh Canadian Embassy..okay we need to pick and Ambassador and his staff:D

I always put a Canadian flag/maple leaf magnet on the cabin door...

February 15th is Canada's flag day....

Any other Canucks out there that day? Where and what ship will you be on?...Laurent

Hey buddy - Only in my dreams... :D

In fact as you know, its not even a national holiday (as I think it is in the US), so I'll be at work staring at my screensaver as much as possible (it's the RCCL SHIPS screensaver, of course!!) ;)

And yes, if you have inside or window, take a CDN Door sign, and if you have a balcony, tie (very tightly) a CDN flag to the railing. Another CC tip we learned here on the boards.

So Laurent - how many minutes, and seconds now!?!?:p

Sorry no, we won't be cruising until may, but just wanted to say hi to a fellow canuck here on the boards :)

Hi Laurent,

Thanks for reminding me. We won't be on a cruise on Feb 15 but will be in Santiago. Boarding on Feb 16. So will bring some little Canadian flags with me to pass around at the tiny hotel where we are stayng.

We were in Lyon on the day Canada first got its flag. We had gone to Mass at la Fourvière and had placed a brand new Canadian flag on the windshield . When we came out of Mass an hour later, there were 5 messages in our windshield from fellow Canadians who were thrilled to see their flag. Instant recognition immediately. We had just moved to France, didn't know anyone , and voila, instant acquaintances who soon turned into friends. We are all back in Canada now and keep in touch.

However we haven't mentioned the flag to each other in years (except at referendums (referenda) or elections.

So merci beaucoup for this timely reminder.

Joce

Hi Laurent,

Thanks for reminding me. We won't be on a cruise on Feb 15 but will be in Santiago. Boarding on Feb 16. So will bring some little Canadian flags with me to pass around at the tiny hotel where we are stayng.

We were in Lyon on the day Canada first got its flag. We had gone to Mass at la Fourvière and had placed a brand new Canadian flag on the windshield . When we came out of Mass an hour later, there were 5 messages in our windshield from fellow Canadians who were thrilled to see their flag. Instant recognition immediately. We had just moved to France, didn't know anyone , and voila, instant acquaintances who soon turned into friends. We are all back in Canada now and keep in touch.

However we haven't mentioned the flag to each other in years (except at referendums (referenda) or elections.

So merci beaucoup for this timely reminder.

Joce

You're very welcome!

What part of Canada do you live in?

I used to live in France (Strasbourg '72 - '76) and have been through Lyon once, on my way to Nice, where my grandparents used to live.

If you scroll back up the page to post #4, you'll see a link to the Canada Eh? thread, which is our embassy here on CC. Please remember to bring your passports so you can have them stamped. If you suddenly go missing, we'll be able to notify your loved ones, and forward them the address of the Syrian prison/interrogation centre they were sent to.:D

We'll be cruising on Canada Flag Day...although I've never heard of that special day before??? We'll be on the Mariner and I believe we'll be in Grand Cayman that day!

Feb 15th was the day we officially introduced the Maple Leaf as our national flag, and dropped the flag with the union jack on it. (woo-hoo! Now all we have to do is get rid of our Governor Genral!),

Then Prime minister Jean Chretien made this day the official flag day of Canada.

So, are you going to let your freak flag fly on Feb 15th?

Hi Ottawa Cruise Guy - we'll be on Mariner - 4 couples from Canada (Toronto area) and 1 from Chicago. Our Feb 4th cruise will be over by then :-( ......however, I always like to brag about Canada and will be wearing my Roots T shirt with the history of the Canadian flag on the back.....ie. begins with the earliest flag and shows the progression.

Great post.....

Enjoy your cruise

Hi Ottawa Cruise Guy - we'll be on Mariner - 4 couples from Canada (Toronto area) and 1 from Chicago. Our Feb 4th cruise will be over by then :-( ......however, I always like to brag about Canada and will be wearing my Roots T shirt with the history of the Canadian flag on the back.....ie. begins with the earliest flag and shows the progression.

Great post.....

Enjoy your cruise

Wow! you'll just be 5 couples with the whole ship to yourselves?!?! :D

Don't forget to click on the link in post #4 (Canada Eh? thread), and check in to our embassy.

Archived