Qm2 Baggage Storage

deck chair

Hi!

I am sailing from New York on board QM 7/6/07, sailing again on 7/28/07 from England back to New York. Since I will be off the ship for over two weeks between the crossings, is it possible to store luggage (clothes) I will not need in Europe so I don't have to carry a big suit case with me? although I have sailed on Cunard many times, this has never been an issue before. Any help appreciated. BTW, any anyone else sailing these dates? Thanks.

Deck Chair.

My wife and I are also making a round trip crossing on the QM2, we will be crossing east ny to southampton on 4/18/07 and returning on 5/18/07, for the first time and we are so looking forward to it, my wife refuses to fly, so this is the only way to see europe for our first time ever, we are planning to travel through england, france and italy for a period of three weeks, needles to say i do not want to carry all that luggage with me. I called cunard but they were of no help I'm afraid.

someone told me that it might be possible to store at least one piece at the train station in waterloo, but I am not sure that is true.

I will be monitoring your thread, maybe someone will have some sugestions.

I hope your voyage is a good one

Peter

This facility is available on the Queen Elizabeth 2, which has a baggage master, but not on the Queen Mary 2.

You'll have to make arrangements shoreside.

Left Luggage at railway stations is expensive. At St. Pancras it is £5 per piece per day.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.....

Matthew

Hi Matthew:

Thanks for the note. Of course, I can always hide the big suit case in a lifeboat and fetch it when I return! I'm curious, is your information re: storage on QM2 from CUNARD or based on your own experience on QM2? Also, since I will very likely have the same cabin stewardess on both crossings, perhaps she/he could help me out. Thanks.

Deck Chair

Hi Matthew: based on your own experience on QM2?

Deck Chair

Dear Deckchair

What? Matthew, experience on the QM2? Whatever next!

Seriously, leaving luggage at Waterloo Station (as Mathew has correctly said) is not cheap. However, plenty of tourists do it. It is safe and secure (I've used it myself) and, given how much the whole trip is costing, is it that much?

Have a great time on board the greatest of Liners, and let us know how you got on.

Archived