Post cruise in Galveston

JustRambling

I was wondering what is the best thing to do in our situation? After we debark from the Conquest, we are flying out of Hobby airport, but our flight doesn't leave until 6pm. So should we maybe take a taxi to a rental car place and rent a one-way car to drop off at the airport? That way we don't have to stay at the airport for hours upon hours.

Or is there another way we can get to the airport, that I don't know about? This is our first time both in Houston and in Galveston, so we don't really know anything other than what we read here at CC. There will be four of us, DH, myself, and 2 DS's, plus all our luggage.

Thanks,

Diana

Renting a car with oneway dropoff maybe your best bet if you want to spend a few hours checking out Galveston. Your drive from Galveston to Hobby will be around 45 min or so depending on traffic.

There are several places in Galveston such as Moody Gardens, WWII flight museum, The Railroad Museum on the Strand. You might consider heding towards Hobby early and stopping off at NASA, they have a very nice space attraction with interactive activities plus a tour of Nasa itself.

Hope this helps, have a nice cruise.

Renting a car with oneway dropoff maybe your best bet if you want to spend a few hours checking out Galveston. Your drive from Galveston to Hobby will be around 45 min or so depending on traffic.

There are several places in Galveston such as Moody Gardens, WWII flight museum, The Railroad Museum on the Strand. You might consider heding towards Hobby early and stopping off at NASA, they have a very nice space attraction with interactive activities plus a tour of Nasa itself.

Hope this helps, have a nice cruise.

Thank you DannyMac. It helps to know how long it will take to get to Hobby. I was thinking of checking out that Kemah something or other...since it's closer to Hobby. Then we can just head over to the airport when we need to. The Space center thing sounds really cool too, I'll have to ask my DH and my boys what they would prefer doing.

Diana

The Kemah Boardwalk is a pretty nice place to spend an afternoon, they have arcade games, rides, music, shops besides several nice places to eat. Parking is at a premium, early birds get the best spots. Off the boardwalk are many different shops, and things to see.

Have a nice cruise.

Kehmah Boardwalk and Space Center Houston are alot of fun and only a few minutes apart so you could do both. You should also consider staying in Galveston and visiting Moody Gardens, Schlitterbahn Waterpark and/or the Lone Star Flight museum. All three are adjacent. You can see the Moody Gardens pyramids from the ship.

http://www.moodygardens.com/

http://www.schlitterbahn.com/gal/default.asp

http://www.lsfm.org/

Archived