Rccl Mbna points question

glen tev

I currently have 90,000 points on my card that will start to expire next year.I was looking at Explorer for next year but the prices seem to have jumped quite a bit.I know they have last minute deals because my buddy scored a inside last Sept for $440 on a last minute deal.My question is this.Can you wait for a last minute deal ,say a few weeks out and still get your voucher credited say even after the cruise is over.I've heard the storys about the turn around time on actually getting the voucher and getting it creditted seem to take forever.It seems you really have to play the gambling game to even get a good deal anymore by waiting till the last minute.The inside cab price this year is what i paid for a balcony last year.Also what would 90k in points get you for a credit.My guess is $900(500 points=$50 x 18=$900)?I don't know if this is right or not.I have done 2 voyager and 1 explorer cruise but Ncl out of Ny won my business this year based on price.Love The RCCL product but to take a family of 4 is getting a bit pricey.I really don't want to flush these point.Someone please Help!

for 75,000 pts you get free companion fare on a 5 or 7 night caribbean or mex riv. cruise outside stateroom- you could book your balcony- submit the coupon and they would take the least exp outside stateroom fare for one off your cruise price- then you can also ask for 3 - 5000 pts coupons to get 150 in obc to use on the cruise- this is what i would do with the points unless you get a better bang for the point asking for 6 15000 coupons to get the 900 obc- or you could use the 50000 pt coupon for 500 off your cruise price and get 8 5000 coupons worth 400 in obc to total your 90,000 pts- you will have to see which option gets you the most for your points- you can find the pts options online at the rci site

i thought you had like 5 yrs to use the points- are you at the 5 yr pt?

If there is a way to get up to 125K pts before they expire, that would be your best option. The coupon must be used on the cruise before you sail. You can not apply it after the cruise. You may want to conside using a coupon for the free comapnion fare (75K pts) that at least will give you up to $1500.00 worth for using the points. Then just apply the other points towards OBC for the remaining of your cruise. I cashed in the 125K for the free cruise for 2 and after I received the certificate ( maybe 7 days) i had the credit showing on my reservation within 3 1/2 weeks. Good Luck!

Archived