RSSC Voyager 06/12/2007 Roll Call

marylizbeth

Anyone here planning to cancel their trip to the Baltics for June 12th???? :D :D :D

Joking aside..we are on the waitlist but are starting to think are chances are not great of getting on. TA says "hang on" ....but we are past 120 days now....after 90 days people lose 10% if they don't cancel by March 1 then it is less likely.

Anyone have good experiences with waitlist ...or care to make a prediction about Baltic Cruise?

I hear it is a popular one.

Alas. ...

• 2 months later...

We did get on the ship after all..but I do believe it is still sold out.

Haven't seen many postings from others on this tour.

We are booked on the Regent tour for St. Petersburg but I am a little hesitant about it. I seem to hear more good things about some of the private tour companies.

I will be aboard this cruise …traveling solo. Since I was also originally waitlisted and later confirmed with a cabin assignment, I presume that the ship is fully booked.

As a solo cruiser I have found these boards a great way to meet some very nice people who will be on the same cruise. I have a dear friend who I met on the Regent Mariner several years ago on a cruise from Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale.

I have cruised with Regent several times. This will be my first time on the Voyager. I am looking forward to it.

Paul

Glad to hear someone else who is using the Regent Tour. I keep hearing nightmare stories about long lines for coaches and missing sight seeing in St. Petersburg due to the large groups.

I can't imagine that Regent would do a shoddy tour like that. And I always thought that Regent got in at special times.

Hope so.

My husband and I booked this cruise within the last month through the Theatre Guild in NYC after I spied one of their advertisements in The New Yorker. There were few stateroom choices left, but we were fortunate to reserve a suite on Deck Seven that is forward of the laundry room, which I gather is the line of demarcation for the vibration problems so frequently discussed by Regent passengers. I am really not worried at all about the vibration issue....

A number of "stars" are to be onboard for theatre presentations, which I presume are open to all the passengers. Ed Asner, Gena Rowlands, Rita Moreno and Kitty Carlisle Hart are among them. This is our first Regent cruise, and I am certain that it will be wonderful. We have cruised fairly often in recent years, and do enjoy it immensely. After reading many positive comments about Regent on Cruise Critic and other bulletin boards, I am thoroughly looking forward to this sailing...especially with the theatre aspect as we love live theatre, and because we were treated so warmly by the Theatre Guild gentleman who booked the trip for us and will be on the cruise. The Guild has been doing these cruises for over 30 years, and I wish I had discovered that sooner!

We are flying to London independently the morning of June 11, and I have reserved a car to take us to Dover on June 12. Sometimes we go earlier to become accustomed to the time difference before we set sail in Europe, but this time we are just flying over on a morning flight and will have dinner in London and hope that one night's sleep will get us in sync.

See you all soon....for a wonderful time!

I had not heard about the theater being offered on the ship. Will this be open to everyone? Will they be doing plays? It will be great to be on board with them, but I do hope something is formally planned for all.

Suzie & Myron

When Regent had a listing for this cruise on their website, it noted "Spotlight on Theatre" as one of the elements of the cruise. Now, I cannot find the cruise listed, so it must be full, but I assume that the spotlight listing I previously noted means that the entire complement of passengers will enjoy the theatre offerings.

Route6A,

We are flying into London on June 9 and arrive early June 10 to do some shopping/sightseeing in Covent Gardens, etc. Then on Monday June 11 we plan to visit London department stores and then go to see a play (Billy Elliott) that evening.

Where are you traveling from? We are from Sugar Land which is a surburb just outside Houston, Texas.

This will be our third Regent cruise. I'm thrilled about the spotlight on theater. Our other trips have been fabulous, esp. the first which was on Voyager, was a PBS Spotlight, and took us all over Italy.

SPKR,

We are from the Boston area....I hope you enjoy your time in London, especially seeing Billy Elliott. In my experience, there is nothing more enjoyable than spending time in London seeing shows, visiting museums, and wandering the streets of that lovely city.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been in touch with Red October and it is not too late to still do a private tour with them instead of using Regent. I'm reading so much on these boards about the wonderful time people had with individualizing their tour with the specialty Russian tour guides. The stuff my husband and I were going to do with Regent in Russia (Peterhof Palace, Russian shopping, and Catherine's Palace & Hermitage) is going to cost $532 and Red October's very customized tours are $1200. Supposedly there are no lines to wait in at the sights for persons who go with these private guides. Any input??

Suzie

Archived