Absolute Best Day Trip

bluejayer

7 days to go before I begin my cruise. I've never been to St. Lucia and am quite excited! Please share with me what YOU would do and WHO you would go with for an excursion!! Reply fast Please (I've just discovered this great board and site). The things I'd like to do is some kind of land and sea tour. Maybe the sulphur springs or rainforest and then a sea tour of the Pitons and of course, some great snorkling! Is this possible with ONE tour company?? I'm there for only day as I've mentioned I'm on a cruise.

We just returned from a Serenade of the Seas cruise and booked the RCCL "Land and Sea" tour ($76 pp). You spend the morning on small tour buses that go from the pier area through small fishing villages and stop at the sulpher springs. There are a few excellent photo ops along the way. You spend approx. 45 minutes to an hour at the springs with a guide then back on the bus to an area restaurant for a creole style buffet lunch. Immediately after lunch you drive to a pier near the springs to board a large catamaran for a wter trip back to the cruise ship pier. The catamaran stops along the trip for a swim/snorkel break at a small beach area.

We generally do not book excursions through the cruise lines, but this combination of activities would have been difficult to arrange on our own. Our opinion of the excursion was that it was decent - we got exactly what we expected. Obviously no stress because all arrangements had been made, we just had to follow the guides throughout the day.

Kviolasr - Would you recommend this tour? How many people are on the bus? How about the boat ride back? Was the boat a Catamaran? What was the lunch/drinks provided. Did you have time to snorkel and where did you stop? We would like a smaller group, but it seems there are not many options for the land/sea tour. My DH doesn't want to be in a taxi/bus for the whole day, so my compromise is the sea tour. Thanks for the info.

Archived