Using the pay phones in Costa Maya?

BlessedBeingMom

I have heard there are pay phones in Costa Maya that can be used to call home. How do you pay on these phones? How much is it? Is there any particular number you have to use to call internationally or would I just dial our regular number with the "1" in front of it? I've never been out of the country, so I hope these questions aren't silly. Thanks! :D

I was just in Costa Maya last week. We went to the fishing village and had an excellent day at The Cat's Meow. My Sprint cell phone wouldn't work even though I was told it would. No problem, bought a phone card and it was $5.00 for 10 minutes, had to use a special phone (there were several of them) and the phone display had a countdown as you talked, it went from from 10 minutes to zero minutes. You just insert the phone card in the phone as you would an ATM machine.

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely buy an international calling card before leaving home.

In December of this year, a snow storm was heading for Chicago and my parents were at our house pet sitting. I called collect from Grand Cayman. We talked for 9 minutes according to my AT& T bill and it was $ 125.78 for the call. :eek: :o From now on I will always carry an international calling card!!

If you don't use the card, you can give it to the cruise personnel who gave outstanding service!

Hey guys we were in Costa Maya last week and used the phone at Teq. beach resort. It was only a dollar a minute and we justed ued their phone. That was a great deal compared to what the cost of a call on the ship. I didn't have a cell signal our whole trip. So if you end up at Teq. beach and need to make a call just ask to used theirs.

Oh yeah we loved Teq. beach strong drinks, good food and plenta of tables and chairs. The water there is so clear it looks like glass. We had a great time there and I can't wait to got back there some day.

shan9700:)

Archived