Platinum Check In

L454S

Received our cruise docs today for the 8/28 Island southbound Alaska. Noticed is says Platinum Check In on the docs. What exactly does this mean? We are first timers with Princess....thanks.

[b][color=black]First timers? Platinum? (normally that takes 6 cruises)That doesn't make any sense unless you are in a full suite, assuming that is the case there is a sort of express service and seperate waiting area for "VIP's" for lack of a better term. In most circumstances, it is not a big difference depending on the boarding terminal and time you check in but it is a nice perk.[/color][/b]

Thanks for the scoop. We have a mini on the Caribe deck, but not a full suite. Been lurking here for a while soaking up what I can. Cant think of a better place to get this kind of info.....

[b]I am also curious why your tickets have platinum check-in when you said this was your first Princess cruise. In Oct. it will be my sixth Princess and will be able to check in platinum, but I had to take 6 cruises to get there. How interesting.[/b]

[b]Marilyn[/b]

Platinum CheckOUT on the other hand, is awesome.

Held in the Wheelhouse bar on the Caribbean Princess fresh coffee and juice along with a continental breakfast and the day's copy of USA Today were highlights that made it an easy wait for our color to be called

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=royalblue]We are Platinum, or elite members, however, we have always found the "normal" checkin lines work best. For some reason, the lines flow nicely there. Platinum, elite, doesn't always have its benefits. [/color][/size][/font]

[b][color=black]Perhaps the platinum/elite line moves more slowly as everyone in it is "special".[/color][/b]

[b][color=black][/color][/b]
[b][color=black](wink, wink) don't get up in arms my envied elite friends, just a joke.[/color][/b]

Perhaps booking a mini-suite, which is somewhat rarefied air on a Sun-class ship, gives one the privilege of Platinum/Elite check-in. I believe that anyone booking a suite gets this "priority embarkation" perk. It sounds like the minis on the Sun qualify. Or, maybe, the person stuffing the envelope grabbed a folder from the wrong pile.

[quote name='meyerhaus']Are you Platinum? Did they take you Carnival cruises or something?[/QUOTE]

The helpful Captains Circle Host did some research and found that they could accept some cruises I'd been "dragged" on by my grandparents when I was a kid. (Two of them on the original Pacific Princess-The REAL Love Boat)

Hated every minute of it then, but came back to = Platinum status now!

Last year when we were boarding the Star Princess at the Long Beach port, there was a winding line outside the Domed check-in area. We waited about an hour (it didn't help to speed things up with Platinum status). Once inside, we (4 adults and 4 children + 2 platinum members) were allowed to go straight to Platinum check-in because we were travelling with 2 Platinum members (my parents). I think the normal check-ins had another line to wait. We didn't have to wait at all for check-in and there was a plate full of chocolate Kisses on the Platinum check-in counter which were a big hit with my 4YO.

So there is a benefit travelling with a Platinum member.

HTH.

We checked in when cruising out of Long Beach last Noevember and it didn't matter what status you held with Princess, the same line served all, no seperate Platinum line was offered.
So it seems that different ports handle it different ways.

[font=Comic Sans MS]I've never had more than one person ahead of me anytime I've used Platinum Check In. Now Express Check In - that's another story... [/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS][/font]
[font=Comic Sans MS]Since the stickers are affixed to the back of the same ticket packet that all passengers receive, I'd check to see what the ticket or the cruise personalizer says for the real story.[/font]

We are "gold", going on our second Princess cruise, yet our tickets arrived with "Platinum" check in stickers on the envelope. Two does not compuite to five and up unless you are an Alchemist. We are in mini suite maybe thats the reason. Who cares we go for the shortest line.....

Chaz

doubt it because of the min-suite..probably there overstocked with Platinum Jackets and stickers this month and someone doubled the printing run in Santa Clarita by mistake and now everyone's final DOCS are getting them sent this way!

• 4 weeks later...
We just recieved our documents today as well as two of our friends. This is our third cruise on Princess and our friends first cruise period. We all got Platinum Check in. We are also all in minisuites on Golden. Perhaps the mini-suite does have some impact. It seems that everyone that I have read that had platinum by mistake was in a minisuite. On another note, what is the deal with the Platinum lounge? Where is it and what does it offer? If they are going to give me platinum, I may as well be comfortable!

I was surprised to get the Platinum stickers today as well! I figured
woo-hoo until I read that everybody and their dog has received Plat.

I was thinking it was because this is my 3rd cruise and my mom's 3rd cruise, so between us that made six. We too have a mini-suite.

At this rate there won't be anyone left in the regular lines.

On our last cruise my husband and I had a full-suite, but didn't have Plat.
check-in, but "Suite Check-In" There was one person in front of us.

Archived