Weather?

Mom2Mason

Hi there! We are departing Galveston on 11 Feb for our first cruise aboard the Carnival Conquest. What can I expect as far as the weather? How warm will it be? I am just curious b/c we usually only vacation from Mar-Oct. and I am cold natured!

Thanks! :)

I think it just depends on the luck of the draw. If you're lucky and hit a warm spell, it will be pretty nice, even 70's. Galveston, being farther north, tends to be cooler than cruising from, say, Miami.

We sailed from Galveston this December. It was mid-fifties the day we boarded and windy. Too cool to spend much time on deck. The first day (sea day) was cool and rainy. The sun peeked out around 3; it was about 63 for a high that day. All the days on the islands were warm, around 80; we had light rain a couple of days, though just for short periods.

The last sea day (Friday) was cool and windy again, and kind of rough. Lots of bouncing! We didn't really use the pools or loungers because of the weather, and the outside areas were pretty under-used on the sea days. It was mid-forties when we disembarked. We probably won't sail from Galveston again because of the cool sea days, even though I know it isn't always that cool.

Good luck! Hopefully you'll hit one of the warm spells--probably more likely in February than December.

Hi there! We are departing Galveston on 11 Feb for our first cruise aboard the Carnival Conquest. What can I expect as far as the weather? How warm will it be? I am just curious b/c we usually only vacation from Mar-Oct. and I am cold natured!

Thanks! :)

I live about 20 min's north of Galveston and the current temps are highs in the upper 60's and lows in the mid 40"s.We have had weather this winter where the highs were just above freezing. It is kind of hit and miss but I would check out the extended forecast online before you leave.

• 2 weeks later...
I live about 20 min's north of Galveston and the current temps are highs in the upper 60's and lows in the mid 40"s.We have had weather this winter where the highs were just above freezing. It is kind of hit and miss but I would check out the extended forecast online before you leave.

Weather today: low of 32 and high in the 40's

Archived