St. Thomas immigration???

gammasip

Can anyone tell me about waking up early for immigration at St. Thomas. I have been to St. Thomas before and haven't had to do this. Is this for everyone?

Usually we go through immigration when we return to the original port.

I'm confused. :confused:

Because the ship starts in the USA (Pt Canaveral) then goes to a foreign port (St. Maarten) and then re-enters the USA for St. Thomas, all pax are required to report to Immigration, whether they are getting off the ship or not. This usually involves showing your passport to an officer who has boarded the ship, and it doesn't take a whole lot of time. It usually starts somewhere around 8 am/give or take.

This is the main reason we do not do Eastern Itineraries any more though! We like to sleep late, and that's just a downer.

I just got back from my cruise. Yes, you do have to get up around 7 a.m with your entire family for immigration. I really found this annoying. The kids ended up cranky all day. They tell you to be there at 7, but I did notice that people were going as late as 8:30 and around 9 a.m they made an announcement for all the staterooms that still had not shown up to go.:) :)

Bummer....I have never had to do this before and we done the Eastern Caribbean several times.

You would not have to go through immigration if St. Thomas is your first stop from a US port. For example, if the Magic went Pt Canaveral, St. Thomas, St. Maarten (instead of PC, St. Maarten, St. Thomas), an immigration check would not be necesary. Perhaps that was the reason you have not had to do this before?

Archived