carnival website

ehogan

When you log on to the Carnival website (when you have a booking), it greets you with "you have __ days till your cruise", then when you log in it gives you your itinerary.

Then, if you click onto "stateroom details" it opens a screen showing you a stateroom. My question is - is the stateroom shown, the category you have reserved? The reason I ask is, we booked an inside guarantee and up until yesterday it showed an inside stateroom. Yesterday when I logged on (we are one month away from our cruise) it showed an outside stateroom. Does this mean the upgrade fairy has arrived?

I think the CORRECT answer is MAYBE, I would say it is now a better possibility, but until a room number is assigned it is not complete and of course with a guarentee it could change up to cruise check in.

it is not exactly the room you have but it is the category that you are booked in...find out your room number by trying to send yourself a gift from their website. Keep going through until it shows the room number.

Of course, keep in mind that it may change around numerous times before you actually board

When you log on to the Carnival website (when you have a booking), it greets you with "you have __ days till your cruise", then when you log in it gives you your itinerary.

Then, if you click onto "stateroom details" it opens a screen showing you a stateroom. My question is - is the stateroom shown, the category you have reserved? The reason I ask is, we booked an inside guarantee and up until yesterday it showed an inside stateroom. Yesterday when I logged on (we are one month away from our cruise) it showed an outside stateroom. Does this mean the upgrade fairy has arrived?

I'm hoping it can still change. We received our cruise docs yesterday for our cruise on 3/3, and we are in the cheapest room possible since rates went up in the week or so we were deciding. We're praying the upgrade-fairy will at least put us in a bed together instead of the singles/bunks we might be stuck with...!

I think that does mean you have an upgrade! Here's hoping. One easy way to check is to go to your booking details and select Modify Booking. It will show you the stateroom you are in, unless it is a Gauranteed. In this case, I have a hunch you will see your upgraded stateroom.

Sincerely,

Don

P.S. As has been mentioned already, the picture usually shows you the category of room you are in.

That's what happened when we got upgraded from an outside to a balcony on the Destiny last year. A couple of weeks before the cruise, it changed from a pic of an oceanview to a pic of a balcony. Of course, I guess it's possible to be "downgraded," but that didn't happen to us... Looks like you may have gotten lucky! :D

Does anyone know whta this means???? I assume I'm still a "guarantee without an assignment? I get this when I try to change staterooms.

btw.. I booked directly with Carnival

1041 : Agency has not registered. You will be allowed to proceed and check availability and rates but you will not be able to hold a cabin or book.

Thanks...

Does anyone know whta this means???? I assume I'm still a "guarantee without an assignment? I get this when I try to change staterooms.

btw.. I booked directly with Carnival

1041 : Agency has not registered. You will be allowed to proceed and check availability and rates but you will not be able to hold a cabin or book.

Thanks...

I don't know about the guarantee without an assignment part, but we booked & paid for a particular cabin, and saw the same message when we were thinking about changing staterooms. We decided against changing rooms, but saw the same message. So it seems you will see that message whether you book guarantee or not.

Does anyone know what this means????

Thanks...

I'm sorry to read that at least two of you are getting this same message as I do, but I'm glad to realize I'm not the only one getting pounded by this annoying error in the CCL system (I've been getting it regularly since September).

I've spoken with a couple of the IT folks at Carnival, and they explained it as this: There was a glitch that moved my account file to that of a third party (travel agent, Internet booking site, etc.), and since I'm NOT an agent, and don't have an ARC or CLIA number on file, it denies me those booking privileges. But it denies me as a regular passenger trying to book a sailing as well. It also means that I (we) are not having access to all the specials periodically listed - won't let you access them all.:(

They've tried unsuccessfully to get it resolved, and even had me delete and re-register several times. Still nothing was fixed. When I order gift certifs for myself they come with a letter saying they hope my clients enjoy their cruise, and the certif has a message requesting they continue to book their future sailings through <<my name>> at <<my phone>>. Sheeesh!!

So, it seems you may be in the exact same situation as I am. Good luck getting it resolved.

I'm sorry to read that at least two of you are getting this same message as I do, but I'm glad to realize I'm not the only one getting pounded by this annoying error in the CCL system (I've been getting it regularly since September).

I've spoken with a couple of the IT folks at Carnival, and they explained it as this: There was a glitch that moved my account file to that of a third party (travel agent, Internet booking site, etc.), and since I'm NOT an agent, and don't have an ARC or CLIA number on file, it denies me those booking privileges. But it denies me as a regular passenger trying to book a sailing as well. It also means that I (we) are not having access to all the specials periodically listed - won't let you access them all.:(

They've tried unsuccessfully to get it resolved, and even had me delete and re-register several times. Still nothing was fixed. When I order gift certifs for myself they come with a letter saying they hope my clients enjoy their cruise, and the certif has a message requesting they continue to book their future sailings through <<my name>> at <<my phone>>. Sheeesh!!

So, it seems you may be in the exact same situation as I am. Good luck getting it resolved.

Hey maybe you should open up a agency seems carnival thinks it's a good idea.

Archived