Please Comment on My Itinerary

DanL

Hawaii Itinerary Overview

Thursday – Arrive HNL go to hotel & bed

Friday – Get oriented, Diamond head, Waikiki beach. Get snorkel rentals. HHV show in pm.

Saturday – Do what we didn’t do on Friday. Board POA, lunch then walk around Chinatown, port area.

Sunday - Hilo rent car VNP, Punalu'u black sand beach then Akaka falls. Return car.

Monday – Maui rent car Haleaka, then Ioa valley, beach

Tuesday – Maui keep rental car. Whale watch excursion, tour around south & west part of Island, beaches

Wednesday – Kona no car. Do Alii shuttle to Kahalu'u beach park. Shop, taste Kona coffee

Thursday – Kauai rent car 10am, Poipu beach & Waimea canyon

Friday – Kauai keep car & return by 10am. Air Ventures tour at 10:30.

Saturday – Oahu rent car, check in to B&B, then to Polynesian CC

Sunday – USS Arizona Memorial (early), then flea market (souvenirs) and tour around south part of island. Shop

Monday – late check out then tour north part of island before flight. Return car, flight home.

We don't plan on doing the Hana Hiway but might consider going as far as mile 14 if time permits. Does it look doable? Any other recommendations?

Thanks

IMO, it's pretty ambitious. I'm a huge advocate of planning time to do nothing. Many of your days will be go, go, go and rush, rush, rush from dawn to bedtime. For me, that's just not the way to enjoy and appreciate Hawaii.

As always JMHO,

beachchick

It looks great! If you find you can't get to a certain place don't worry about it, but I think if you don't have a plan you just end up wandering around.

We lucked out in Hilo and the ship arrived an hour early, so it made our day easier. We also went to VNP first, then to Punalu'u (black sand beach) and we even made a stop at Hilo Hatties before going on to Akaka Falls.

One other note, we were also in Oahu on Saturday and Sunday with a rental car and did not seem to have any traffic problems that are so often reported on here.

Have a great time! :)

Thanks for comments. I tried to put in breaks and we have quite a bit of time on Oahu to relax plus taking a "day off" in Kona during the cruise.

Do you think we are missing a lot by not doing Hana hiway?

Archived