GLORY? Which seating/show time...different from rest of fleet?

sharecruises

Thanks to some nice folks I have the current glory capers schedule, and have checked some others at the cruiseclues site, and it does seem that on Glory the late dining guests see the "shows" early, at 7 pm..

and then the early diners see the shows at 9 pm

the bingo is at 10:30 in the showroom...and the nights they have an adult

comedian it is at 11 pm instead of midnight

sooooo....which dining seating to choose? I have usually done late seating..and seen shows afterwards...

is Glory simply an "early time" ship or ?? It's schedule seems different from other ships....not worse, just different

I am not really complaining here...just looking for constructive suggestions to maximize the trip...

ie, which dining seating did you enjoy...and why??

how did the showtimes work out for you??

I do plan to eat on shore...western, ie, at cozumel beach club, etc, so how did eating lunch ashore affect your dining?

what nite would be best to go to Emerald room for a "plus" dinner??

thanks in advance

Dinners are scheduled so they dont interfere with shows. If picking late seating you go to the early show.

This will only happen twice during the cruise when the "vegas" style shows are on

Commedians are always scheduled later.

PS-- dont hold much in those capers coz the stuff may change. Only thing that will be 100% true is the "vegas" style shows.

I tired late seating one time-- its just too late for us. By the time we got done dinner it was close to 10 or a little after. by midnight I am ready for bed and it was very hard to sleep with all that food sitting on my stomach. FOr those reasons alone eating dinner for the 6:15 seating does better for me

We will be sailing the Glory this Saturday, but we sailed her sister ship, the Conquest, last year. The dining and show times are just as you described. We prefer eating at 6:15 so we always go to the 9 pm show. That gives us a little time to go from the dining room to the lounge. We eat early at home so we are used to eating at this time. We do not like to eat late. I think you would probably want to choose a dining time close to what you are used to. We generally eat lunch around noon so we are ready for dinner at 6:15. We enjoyed the food in the dining room so much, we did not even consider paying extra for the specialty restaurant. Hope this helps a little. Looking forward to the Glory next week. :D TG23

• 2 weeks later...

We sailed the Glory in April 2005 and loved her! It also was the first time for early seating dinner. On the Glory, there are two main seating, 5:45 and 6:15. We did the 6:15 and loved it!! By the time we were finished with dinner, we had a few minutes before the shows around 8:30. It was perfect and would request the same time again. We originally didn't get this time but saw the maitre'd the first day. No problem for the table for 2 and 6:15 seating. Enjoy!

Archived