Panama Canal cruise in June 2008?

btobey

Hi all! I'm new to these boards but not to cruising. My most recent cruise was for my honeymoon in June 2003 aboard Celebrity's Galaxy; it was my husband's first cruise, and he loved it! Now, we are just starting to think about a cruise for our 5-year anniversary in June 2008. He is most interested in a Panama Canal cruise, which I'd like to try as well, but we are open to other options (warm-weather cruises only though!). We don't actually have to be away for our anniversary (June 6th), but the ideal time for us to go would be late May/June. Finally, we are probably looking for something in the 10-14 day range.

Right now, it seems like only a few cruise lines have planned their itineraries that far ahead, but I was hoping that people here might have advance information/suggestions for us. All thoughts/ideas welcome!

As far as I can tell, historically there generally aren't Panama Canal cruises during the summer months (and for this, I'd inlcude June in that category). In May you may get some repositioning cruises for going from the Carribbean to Alaska, but they may be more early May (or late April even?).

Sucks for us too, because it's hard to fit a Panama Canal trip around my wife's teaching schedule.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Check out the Disney cruise line -- they have several summer Panama options -- and it's NOT just for kids! Adults have a great time, too -- unless you have something against "the MOUSE."

Jackie, sorry that I didn't respond sooner (didn't realize that I wasn't automatically set up for email updates). Anyway, I just discovered Disney myself today, and their May Westbound Panal looks great! I don't have anything against Mickey, but I am a little concerned about the cruise being too kid-themed--have you actually been on this yourself?

April 27, 2006 my husband and I did a RT thru the Canal from Ft lauderdale to Seattle on the Sun Princess. She is a lovely ship but is now 12. I can't speak for Disney or Carnival, but you might try Royal Caribbean. Princess does a RT Fall and late Spring. Princess & Royal Carib are both reliable IMHP.

Archived