Perscription Medications

bchristo3

This will be our first trip to Europe in May. My husband is on multiple medications and I usally just set up each daily dose in a medication dispenser for as many days as we will be away. Now however I am concerned about customs. Do they require drugs to be in their original containers? I would appreciate any advice from seasoned Oceania cruisers.

Barb

I put my medications (pills) in one of those 7 day sectioned containers, but like the previous poster, did have a prescription label for all, in case I was asked. I wasn't.

I did have the pharmacist put a prescription label on my rescue aerosol spray medication (albuterol). This was recommended by my doctor as a way to get it through airport security.

This will be our first trip to Europe in May. My husband is on multiple medications and I usally just set up each daily dose in a medication dispenser for as many days as we will be away. Now however I am concerned about customs. Do they require drugs to be in their original containers? I would appreciate any advice from seasoned Oceania cruisers.

Barb

When we traveled it was with the advice that prescription meds should be taken in orig. labeled bottles, especially if carrying large quantities (As you never know who will question your right to these.) I found that it was easier to take the containers in carryon with copies of 'scrip from druggest, and dosages (In case of emergency treatment, and you not being able to communicate)THEN I packed my weekly pill reminder in reg. suitcase and filled them after arriving on board, as they needed to be refilled for the 2nd week anyway!:)

Barb

HI BARB:

WE JUST SPENT 2 WEEKS ON OCEANIA. WE WERE ON THE NAUTICAL GOING TO ASIA.

I TAKE TONS OF MEDS BECAUSE I HAVE SO MANY MEDICAL DISORDERS. ACTUALLY THE AMOUNT OF MY DAILY PERSCRIPTION MEDS IS 28 DIFFERENT MEDS A DAY.

I DID HAVE ALL MY PERSCRIPTION MEDS IN THEIR ORIGINAL CONTAINERS, BOTTLES, ETC. AND I HAD COPIES OF MY FACE SHEETS FROM MY DR. WITH ALL MY DISORDERS & ALL MY MEDS. (ACTUALLY NO ONE LOOKED AT ANYTHING) AT SECURITY FOR EACH FLIGHT MY THINGS WENT THROUGH THE XRAY & I WALKED THROUGH SECURITY. I DIDNT EVEN HAVE TO TAKE MY SHOES OFF.

WE FLEW FROM LAX (LA) TO TAPAI TO SINGAPORE. I WASNT EVEN QUESTIONED ABOUT ANYTHING. BUT I DIDN'T KNOW IT WOULD BE SO EASY. SO I DID FOLLOW ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS. EVERYTHING OVER THE COUNTER THAT WAS LIQUID (I USE A LOT OF EYE DROPS ALL THE TIME) WERE IN 1 QUART BAGGIES.

I ALSO USE A DISPENSER FOR ALL MY MEDS. WHAT I DID THIS TIME THO, WHEN I GOT ON THE NAUTICA, I WAS ABLE TO PUT ALL MY MEDS FOR A 2 WEEK PERIOD IN THEIR DISPENSER. WE WERE ON THE NAUTICA FOR 2 WEEKS. THEN WE STAYED IN HONG KONG FOR A FEW DAYS. THEN WE FLEW TO BANGKOK FOR A WHILE. THEN BACK TO THE STATES.

I KNOW IM SAYING MORE THAN YOU WANT TO HEAR, BUT I WANTED YOU TO SEE HOW MANY DIFFERENT FLIGHTS WE HAD. EACH FLIGHT SECURITY WAS A BREEZE. HOWEVER, DONT COUNT ON IT. MAYBE GOING TO EUROPE WILL HAVE MORE SECURITY.

WELL, I RAMBLED ON ENOUGH. JUST GIVE A HOLLAR IF I CAN BE OF MORE HELP.

SORRY MY FONT IS SO LARGE, BUT I HAVE SERIOUS VISION PROBLEM SO I NEED THE LARGE PRINT.

TAKE CARE NOW

MYRA --- HAPPY CRUISING

Archived