Transportation to Galveston from Houston?

CoNEY46

The best bet would be to get a rental car that can be dropped off in Galveston. There is a small drop off fee, but it still ends of being the most economical way to travel and the drive is an easy one.....south on Interstate 45 to Galveston.

• 4 weeks later...
The best bet would be to get a rental car that can be dropped off in Galveston. There is a small drop off fee, but it still ends of being the most economical way to travel and the drive is an easy one.....south on Interstate 45 to Galveston.

Enterprise Rent-A-Car's small drop off fee is currently $60.00. The latest quote from IAH to Galveston for an economy car was $104.00. Hertz was even higher.

After you decide to use Galveston Limo, which I think you'd be very happy with, make a res for the trip. I'm pretty sure that we had our names on a list, so we were taken on the first van out. If you just show up, you'll have to wait along with everyone else that didn't have their names recorded. Waste of time. Our driver gave us kind of tour, pointing out things as we left Houston and arrived in Galveston. Very friendly and informative.

• 1 month later...

We have used Extreme Elegance (866 799-5466 or 866 652-5466) for transportation to and from Hobby for both of our cruises out of Galveston. We were very pleased with their service. It was $75.00 plus tip for a one-way trip. We also booked them for some touring on our return and they were very accommodating.

I would certainly call them for transportation to Galvestion in the future.

We have used Extreme Elegance (866 799-5466 or 866 652-5466) for transportation to and from Hobby for both of our cruises out of Galveston. We were very pleased with their service. It was $75.00 plus tip for a one-way trip. We also booked them for some touring on our return and they were very accommodating.

I would certainly call them for transportation to Galvestion in the future.

How long ago was this?

Extreme Elegance charged us $195 for a limo from Houston Hobby and then stole the money after promising to refund for a trip that was cancelled more than 30 days out. Beware of these folks, they charge your credit card at reservation time instead of when you take the trip. Numerous other folks have reported Extreme Elegance for no shows at the airport, not what you want on cruise day.

We used Gulfcoast limo on a later cruise and they could not have been more professional.

Mike:)

We used them this month for our Easter cruise. And, we used them for our Thanksgiving cruise in 2004. One way cost from Hobby to Galveston for two in a sedan was $75.00 plus gratuity. Of course the excursion we took was at an hourly amount. We paid cash so I can't comment on credit card transactions. We had no problems and very professional service.

Archived