New- Need advice!

cruisemom7

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this Board. I've cruised a total of 25 times and once before on NCL on the Star to Hawaii. I wasn't impressed so I didn't go again for several years. When the Pearl came out with the 9 day itinerary and the Courtyard Villas, I had to try it. I booked a villa about 1 year ago. All email and such confirmed my stateroom 14006. I just received my luggage tags etc. and the stateroom was 11024. I've been on the phone with numerous people about this and have been getting the run around and now nobody's even calling me back. I paid quite a bit more for the Courtyard Villa then a Penthouse and only booked it because of the courtyard experience. There's both a monetary and service issue here and my frustration is getting worse each day. We sail in 2 weeks!

Any suggestion? I've spoken with reservations, customer service and corporate. They made me a monetary offer that was insulting and I told them to make it to someone else and get me my cabin back. I'm refusing to let this go!!

So sorry to hear this. If you booked through a TA, have them handle this problem for you.

When you made final payment, were you charged the correct amount? If you're sailing in 2 weeks, you would have made final payment quite some time ago. Check and see what your credit card was charged!

If your booking confirmation (you should have received this if you booked the cruise yourself) indicates your room number, have you tried FAXing a copy of that to customer service, along with all supporting documentation?

Please let us know what additional steps you may have taken other than phone calls so that we can maybe pass some new approaches along to you.

I'm not sure how you wound up in an AB (which is what 11024 is) rather than the courtyard villa......has NO ONE explained this to you? Are there still open villas on your sailing? If so, not sure I understand the problem?:confused:

Who did you book through? A TA or NCL? You said "all email and such confirmed my stateroom 14006". I was wondering if you mean your confirmation from NCL or from your TA? If you have a confirmation from NCL, then I would fax that to them and have them figure this out. I don't know how that could have happened.

If you booked through a TA I hope you go back through them. It could be anyones mistake, but sounds like NCL screwed up this time. I don't blame you for being upset, who wouldn't be? I would email Colin asap. You have every right to expect the cabin you booked. Keep us informed.

NMNita

So sorry to hear this. If you booked through a TA, have them handle this problem for you.

When you made final payment, were you charged the correct amount? If you're sailing in 2 weeks, you would have made final payment quite some time ago. Check and see what your credit card was charged!

If your booking confirmation (you should have received this if you booked the cruise yourself) indicates your room number, have you tried FAXing a copy of that to customer service, along with all supporting documentation?

Please let us know what additional steps you may have taken other than phone calls so that we can maybe pass some new approaches along to you.

I'm not sure how you wound up in an AB (which is what 11024 is) rather than the courtyard villa......has NO ONE explained this to you? Are there still open villas on your sailing? If so, not sure I understand the problem?:confused:

Thanks everyone for your sympathy! We booked and yes they are involved. Currently, there are only inside cabins available as it is President's week. The story I'm being given is that I booked before the ship was completely built and there was an error when the booked cabins were entered into the system. It just changed my cabin on June 21st of last year. I was so angry because nobody told me this. If I had known this last June, I could have changed cabins, ships or lines. Now I'm helpless. I was charged the full fee for the original cabin. They offered me the difference in rates plus $600. NOT acceptable. I told them to make this offer to someone else and give me back my original cabin. I spoke with someone from NCL again tonight and they said they are in the process of contacting all other guests with Courtyard Villas to see if they would switch. I'm not optimistic. We are also booked on the Pearl in August to Alaska with 3 cabins (family trip) which I will be cancelling if this isn't resolved to my liking. I'll keep everyone informed!

Another reason NOT to book online.U have heard plenty of horror stories. A TA is a great way to take the stress out of a vacation. Now that is if you have a good one who cares and knows their stuff. The cruiselines actually like when you book with a TA. It can make life alot easier. I hope you have a wonderful cruiuse. We will be on the Pearl I hope in September. Can't wait to hear a review!

Thanks everyone for your sympathy! We booked through Expedia and yes they are involved.

I am really, really sorry about your experience but like the above poster stated, try an find yourself a great TA that you can use. A TA that you deal with on a regular basis, especially as much as you have cruised, will be able to offer you great personalized service and would have notified you well in advance if something like this had happened. When you go with a big company like Expedia, you are just another number. Things get lost in the shuffle. Plus, with most TAs, you don't have the $15 booking fee or the $50 cancellation charge you get with the big travel companies.

Paul

If I had known this last June, I could have changed cabins, ships or lines. Now I'm helpless. I was charged the full fee for the original cabin. They offered me the difference in rates plus $600. NOT acceptable. I told them to make this offer to someone else and give me back my original cabin. I spoke with someone from NCL again tonight and they said they are in the process of contacting all other guests with Courtyard Villas to see if they would switch. I'm not optimistic. We are also booked on the Pearl in August to Alaska with 3 cabins (family trip) which I will be cancelling if this isn't resolved to my liking. I'll keep everyone informed!

This is becoming too regular of an occurance on NCL where they just switch cabins on people and don't tell them. This makes 6 I believe since last April, and that is just the number of people who come to cruise critic to tell about their stories.

I would be very careful with your family trip of 3 cabins....keep your eye on your cabin numbers! The moved my family and split up another family in recent reports. Most of the time, they don't tell people about cabin changes until it is too late to do anything about it and it appears that trend continues.

At least you got offered $600 (was it OBC or refund?). When they switched our cabins, we got nothing....no upgrade and no OBC for our troubles. Good Luck

Thanks everyone for your sympathy! We booked and yes they are involved. Currently, there are only inside cabins available as it is President's week. The story I'm being given is that I booked before the ship was completely built and there was an error when the booked cabins were entered into the system. It just changed my cabin on June 21st of last year. I was so angry because nobody told me this. If I had known this last June, I could have changed cabins, ships or lines. Now I'm helpless. I was charged the full fee for the original cabin. They offered me the difference in rates plus $600. NOT acceptable. I told them to make this offer to someone else and give me back my original cabin. I spoke with someone from NCL again tonight and they said they are in the process of contacting all other guests with Courtyard Villas to see if they would switch. I'm not optimistic. We are also booked on the Pearl in August to Alaska with 3 cabins (family trip) which I will be cancelling if this isn't resolved to my liking. I'll keep everyone informed!

Cruisemom7,

Has NCL resolved your problem? Hope so!

Though it does "suck" that they did this to you, I think there could be a good ending.

An AB cabin is almost the same, but alot less money I believe. Plus they are giving you an extra $600 for the mixup. Not a bad deal in the end. Ask for "access' the the GV level since that really will not cost THEM anything.

Let us know the end result.

Archived