Fairfield Inn Texas City or Springhill (Hobby)

JRA382

Question for those who know the Houston Area, I am using my points for a free night stay and have to choose between Springhill Suites near the Hobby airport or Fairfield Inn in Texas City. We are arriving the day before our cruise, and plan to go to Space Center in the day and Kemuh Boardwalk for dinner. Right now have reservations at Springhill, but can change them to the Fairfield INN in texas city... any opinions on the area, it is myself, husband and two kids.

The Fairfield Inn in Texas City is south of Kemah on State 146. Texas City is located just about half way between Kemah and Galveston. You can take 146 north to Kemah and the Space center and South to Galveston. You would avoid all the traffic trying to get back to the hotel at Hobby.

No....The Fairfield Inn is on Emmitt Lowery Parkway,about a block off of 45,at Mall of the Mainland,not on 146...

Basically at the crossing of 45 & Emmitt Lowery.

Still,not far from Kemah.

Its a nice property,I mean...Like I said,its basically on the Mall parking lot,so its not like a resort or anything...But there is the Mall,a Ryans (all you can eat Buffet Place) and a Walmart Super Center ,and Gulf Greyhound Park (greyhound racing) right across the highway..

Its very close to Galveston,and I personally would pick this location.

I'd also recommend the Fairfield Inn location off I-45. The distances to the Space Center and Kemah Boardwalk are probably about the same as from the Hobby Airport area, but you can avoid most traffic.

For the Space Center go back north on I-45 a few miles to the NASA exit (LOTS of construction in the area, so watch the signs closely) and go a couple of miles east. For the Boardwalk, you go east on Emmett Lowery to Hwy 146 and go north directly into Kemah.

I'd pick the Texas City Fairfield Inn also. You defintely want to be south of all the NASA area road construction along I-45. The Fairfield always looks full. I actually went to a baby shower there not too long ago in their community room and it's a nice, clean place.

Archived