dress code journey

cruzadict

Will be taking a cruise to Bermuda aboard the Journey in June and have read several threads that state that it will be "country club casual". Can anyone give me any ideas as to what type of clothing will be worn on the Captains Welcome party night as this is normally the "dressy night". If there is anyone who have travelled on Oceania perhaps they would have a good idea as I am assuming that Celebrity are following their lead. Thanks for any help as I don't want to stick our like a sore thumb that night!!

Marilyn

Will be taking a cruise to Bermuda aboard the Journey in June and have read several threads that state that it will be "country club casual". Can anyone give me any ideas as to what type of clothing will be worn on the Captains Welcome party night as this is normally the "dressy night". If there is anyone who have travelled on Oceania perhaps they would have a good idea as I am assuming that Celebrity are following their lead. Thanks for any help as I don't want to stick our like a sore thumb that night!!

Marilyn

Hi Marilyn,

I have been on Oceania 14 times so I have a great knowledge of the ship!

I always wear black pants in the evenings and a nice top, I also take a couple of long skirts with me (think Chicos) no feathers and sequins..

My husband does not take a sport jacket in the warm climates (but we are from CA and more casual) I do see men in the evening in sport jackets and even some in coats and ties..I never dress any different for the Captains party than any other evening and always feel comfortable..You will love the ship..it is a wonderful size and the staterooms are very well laid out..I will be happy to answer any questions anyone might have..

Jan

Thanks for the info Jan. It makes my packing a lot easier although we are returning to the UK the day after we get back from Bermuda on the QM2 so will have formal dresses with me just in case. But didn't want to dress OTT. (Stops the jet lag)

Marilyn

Thanks for the info Jan. It makes my packing a lot easier although we are returning to the UK the day after we get back from Bermuda on the QM2 so will have formal dresses with me just in case. But didn't want to dress OTT. (Stops the jet lag)

Marilyn

Don't concern yourself, it is no problem unless you wish to dine it cutoff jeans or in a bikini. County Club casual realy leaves it up to you as to how dressy you want to get.

MDW and I were on the RSSC (now Regent) Seven Seas Navigator to Bermuda from NYC in June of 2005. Classy ship, 490 PAX, country club casual all the way. It made my wife very happy that she could dress up, but not have to over do it with gowns or fancy cocktail dresses. For me, unfortunately I had to leave my tux home, I love wearing it. But for wifey's sake, at home it stayed. What was the outcome, it was great.

The wife dressed casually, more upscale casual (classy >> a dress, pantsuit or other outfit she really liked) for the captain's dinners, most other women did, some did not, but no big deal unless you showed up in a bathing suit or a bathrobe. And on those occasions, I wore one of my favorite blazers and pants, or a favorite suit. On a big nght I would wear a favorite shirt and or tie combination. Some men appeared to do the same, others simply wore nice golf shirts (some with a blazer, others without) and nice slacks. You fit in either way.

My point, dress for yourself, if you feel nice and comfortable in something you like to wear, you will look more relaxed, fel more relaxed, and happier then wearing something you believe you are being expected to wear.

Don't worry, enjoy, relax, that is what cruising is all about.

We are on the 6/2/2007 cruise. Enjoy your's.

1998 RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas (Southern Caribbean)

1999 Dawn Princess (Southern Caribbean)

2000 Celebrity Horizon (Bermuda)

2001 RCCL Nordic Empress ( Southern Carib/Bermuda repositioning)

2002 Celebrity Zenith (Bermuda)

2003 Carnival Legend (Caribbean from NYC)

2005 RSSC Seven Seas Navigator (Bermuda)

Archived