crazy?

Las Vegas Non Rev

We Have to fly into LAX for our long Beach sailing on the Paradise on the 19th.

Am I crazy to think about city transportation?

LAX Ending at QUEEN MARYTotal cash fare = $1.50Trip time is about 1 hour and 59 minutes.Trip distance is about 31.96 miles.

The shuttle is $ 17 00 a person.

Yeah...You ARE crazy...

Do I read you correctly? You are talking about taking an MTA Bus from LAX to the Queen Mary? For nearly TWO HOURS?

You're going to schlepp your luggage onto a public bus? One that's going to stop at every third intersection to drop people off and pick people up? And take two hours to make an otherwise 40 minute trip?

All to save a mere $15.50 per person?

You are on VACATION, my friend...The concept is to RELAX...to be worry and hassle-free...Sometimes that means you part with just a few extrra bucks...

Hey, I'd probably hire a LIMO...but, I would think a direct shuttle is a MINIMUM requirement...

Or, you could save more money and just walk it...Only take you about 8 hours...and you'd have to deal with luggage...but you'd save another buck and a half!

Sorry to be so sarcastic, but...I'm only trying to shock you back to your senses...

Yeah...You ARE crazy...

You are on VACATION, my friend...The concept is to RELAX...to be worry and hassle-free...Sometimes that means you part with just a few extrra bucks...

Hey, I'd probably hire a LIMO...but, I would think a direct shuttle is a MINIMUM requirement...

Or, you could save more money and just walk it...Only take you about 8 hours...and you'd have to deal with luggage...but you'd save another buck and a half!

Sorry to be so sarcastic, but...I'm only trying to shock you back to your senses...

Gotta love that Bruin Humor!!!

But I agree - Look into a limo or towncar - Probably about $130.00 + tip. ( Don't use the one the cruise ship recommends - they are much more expensive then ones I found on my own- Just googled "Limo LAX " and came up with lots of options including shuttles- )

--- The Metrolink is good but I don't think it goes to the Long beach Pier from LAX. ??

I wouldn't even consider this. LA is notorious for how unreliable and slow their "rapid" transit is. It is a 20 minute drive in a cab or shuttle (much less than $130), and you will have someone else to load the luggage and not have to worry about getting mugged!

Check out http://www.supershuttle.com It really has good service at a reasonable rate.

Archived