Bahamas or Key West

Giskard

night life and great beaches :)

Oh well... We are torn. Key West sounds fun and funky however we do love to relax on the beach. This will be a quick (5 night) bday (my 40) and our anniversary (20yr) trip. We are willing to spend some $$ but we arn't completely splurging (or I'd be holding out for Tahiti!) because we've made commitments to a big trip in November. We just took a very nice southern Caribbean cruise last November on the Crown (our 4th caribbean cruise) and we've hit a ton of the islands on our 4 cruises. We love to explore the islands, hang at the beach and have some drinks at the local bars. We do gamble but that isn't a big priority since Vegas is a quick trip from us out here in Seattle. We are also considering a 3 night cruise out of Miami on RCCL. I'm not usually this wishy washy, can't figure out why we can't decide.

Thanks again

dac

key west is my second home and i say visit key west. not only are the bars and clubs great for nightlife, the whole island is a great place to visit. the locals are friendly and accomidating. there is plenty of history and sight seeing. you have the beaches to hang out at or the the marina if you want to take a boat trip to sail, go fishing or snorkling. there is a resturant for every taste and budget. there are plenty of shops to go to for everything, from fine art and jewels, to funny tee shirts. if you are a parrot head like we are what better place to go to than key west for margaritaville and captian tony's right down the street. most nights at captian tonys you can meet the capt himself... it is a really great bar with the best bartenders on the island. if you stay be sure to stay at the southern cross on duval st. the best location in old town that puts you within walking distance to everything .. hope this helps

:) :D

for your comments. its so hard to decide. If we stay at Nassau we will take a day trip to Harbour Island and check out the pink beaches (which look awesome) if we stay in Key West we'll do Dry Tortugas. Its been so hard to decide....

dac

for your comments. its so hard to decide. If we stay at Nassau we will take a day trip to Harbour Island and check out the pink beaches (which look awesome) if we stay in Key West we'll do Dry Tortugas. Its been so hard to decide....

dac

I have not been to the Bahamas but we are heading there on our cruise in March. We've been in Florida in Feb and March when it was pretty darn chilly (if not cold) and even drove all the way to Key West without finding warmth. I know it is hit or miss but we decided on the cruise because it is cheaper and should be a lot warmer than the Keys. When the weather is great the Keys are awesome. By the way, where are the nice beaches to hang out in Key West? We've never found them...

Archived