Empress of the Seas April 20, 2007

crossingfan

Hello Albert,

Too funny!!! I was thinking the same thing!!!

Really looking forward to meeting you and talking about all the cruises you too have taken. Ship and the great liners are my passion!!!

Jeff and I are on early dining as well. I hate to eat late in the evening.

See you soon.

Rick

that would be great, im in cabin 3540 if you want to leave a note that first day or we can just pick a time and place. I'll probably be boarding around noon, staying at Comfort Inn the night before.

Made final payment a few days ago so now its a reality, will be here before we know it!:D

Albert,

Jeff and I are in cabin 4046. Do you want to set a time for around 5pm?

We are flying down also a day early, however, we do not yet have a hotel booked. I think we will use Priceline to try for a resort at a good rate. I sure wish the prices for the junior suites would come down!!! I would love to have the sitting area and the balcony! We enjoy balcony cabins, but the price was so good for the standard outside we opted for that.

I still have a bill to pay for my cruise on the Queen Mary 2 and Century last month. Darn onboard expenses!!!

what airline are your flying to San Juan? We are on USAirways from Indianapolis via Charlotte.

Have a great weekend

Rick

Albert,

Hope you dont get much snow!!

We endend up getting the San Juan Marriott Resort for a great deal for the night prior to the cruise.

Some sun and warm weather sure sound good right now.

How did you get your start taking cruises??

Rick

Hi Rick,

i wanted to join the navy, (subs) but my eyesight kept me out at that time so i just decided the next best way to go to sea was on a cruiseship. Once i was out of sight of land i knew i had found my peace.

Good food and good company were just an added benefit. I guess you could say it revitalizes me, all i know is ill be cruising till i drop!:eek:

Albert,

I completely understand what you are talking about. Although I started cruising at age 9, my love of oceanliners and cruise ships continues to grow.

As for being at sea I too experience a certain kind of peace only when I am at sea ondeck watching and listening to the ocean glide by.

I was a full time travel agent for 18 years. I closed my office in 2002. I still book cruises for friends, but now I can travel more in my current job since it is easier for me to get off work.

If you dont mind my asking, what do you do? At least living in CT you are near the ocean!!! I am landlocked in Indiana.

Have a good evening.

Rick

Albert,

I completely understand what you are talking about. Although I started cruising at age 9, my love of oceanliners and cruise ships continues to grow.

As for being at sea I too experience a certain kind of peace only when I am at sea ondeck watching and listening to the ocean glide by.

I was a full time travel agent for 18 years. I closed my office in 2002. I still book cruises for friends, but now I can travel more in my current job since it is easier for me to get off work.

If you dont mind my asking, what do you do? At least living in CT you are near the ocean!!! I am landlocked in Indiana.

Have a good evening.

Rick

Nice to know someone understands this disorder!:eek: I have posters and pictures of ships all over where i work. I work for the city, as Supervisor of the Board of Education Supply Dept. A warehouse, shipping and receiving facility for our 40 schools.

Being on Long Island Sound is nice, whenever i need a minicruise i can hop on the ferry boat to Long Island and spend the day or go down to the west side of Manhattan and see the ships. Havent been over to the new terminal in Brooklyn yet, (Cunard and Princess) but will have to go on a fact-finding mission as im interested in Crown Princess!:D

Albert

A disorder??? It's much worse than that it is a full fledged addiction!!!! Trouble is no known cure, except to keep on cruising!! We are cursed...

Your job sounds interesting. I now work in a library and do some guardianship work for the elderly.

My wonderful late mother passed away 3 years ago from Parkinsons. However, she taught me that travel is the best education. My family has always loved ships. My grandparents sailing on Queen Mary in the 1950's and on Matsonia to Hawaii in the early 60's.

I too have prints of ships hanging around my house. I got several great ones on QM2.

As for the Brooklyn terminal. It is a great facility. Very easy to use and loads of space. The only down side is it is not easy to get to and nothing of interest around the pier. I missed the view of the West side on sailing.

If you want to email me direct please do so rhchambon@yahoo.com

I am really enjoying talking to you. I feel that we have so much to discuss on the ships of the past and present.

Take care.

Rick

go to the Carnival board, check out thread titled "Really Cool Photo???" or something similar. i tried to email it to you but its on a disk or something technical like that!:confused: Its a shot taken from the inside of the funnel forward over the bow, very cool!!:D

Archived