Embassy Suites???

JeepLadyLtd

We have reservations at the Embassy Suites on Julia St. has anyone stayed there recently??? I read 1 review on Tripadvisor and it wasn't very good. It's was several months old. Just wondering if there are some more recent reviews.

Thanks,

Marsha:) :cool:

We just stayed there in Oct. and really enjoyed it, it is near Riverwalk and we actually walked to the French Market which was about a 15-20 min walk. The free cocktails and cooked to order breakfat is a nice Bonus. It also is across the street and down 2 blocks fron Emirels (sp) We are staying there again in March. It is a typical ES.

• 2 weeks later...

I Am Booked For April. When Are You Going ? I Read The Same Review And I Think They Were Most Upset With The Room Service , Which It Would Have Made Me Unhappy Too But It Was Not So Much About The Hotel Being Bad So I Am Taking A Change.

Hope the hotel is nice. We are going on Grandeur of the Seas, so I booked a room there for one night on April 27th. Since Jazzfest is in town it was hard to find a hotel for one night. Does anyone know how far the port is from the hotel.

We stayed there in December and were quite pleased. The staff were all friendly and helpful, the suite was clean and had plenty of room for two adults and two teens, and the breakfast was great. Convenient location too--we walked to the Riverwalk in the morning to "visit" the Grandeur, which we'd cruised on several years ago. Also walked to the French Quarter and Canal Street. We wouldn't hesitate to stay there again...

• 6 months later...

We loved NO!!! I have a review of the Embassy Suites at Tripadvisor.com. Walked to ship with 6 suitcases. Hotel front desk people suggested it over a cab. Not a bad walk about 10-15 minutes. Cab cost in April $21.00.

Things not to miss:

French Market bought gifts for friends and family there....You canbarter.

Cafe DuMonde Beignets and Cafe Au Lait. YUM

French Quarter

Convention Center accross from hotel.

Super Dome up the street a bit.

Drove around to see what Katrina did. Just awful!!!!

Hope this helps a bit.

Didn't eat in the famous fancy restaurant had teenage son with us and he wasn't the least bit interested.

We loved NO!!! I have a review of the Embassy Suites at Tripadvisor.com. Walked to ship with 6 suitcases. Hotel front desk people suggested it over a cab. Not a bad walk about 10-15 minutes. Cab cost in April $21.00.

Things not to miss:

French Market bought gifts for friends and family there....You canbarter.

Cafe DuMonde Beignets and Cafe Au Lait. YUM

French Quarter

Convention Center accross from hotel.

Super Dome up the street a bit.

Drove around to see what Katrina did. Just awful!!!!

Hope this helps a bit.

Didn't eat in the famous fancy restaurant had teenage son with us and he wasn't the least bit interested.

$21 for a cab ride ? I thought the hotel was close to the pier ...

WOW !!

Good thing we are not further away :eek:

Did you do the evening reception by chance?

If so, did you like it ?

Yes the Hotel is close to the Pier, you can see the ships from the hotel. i don't know why it cost so much but it just does.

Yes of course we did the cocktail reception in the evening. Strawberry Margurita(sp) are really good, but will make most any drink you want. One bartender made me a drink called The Almond Kiss: Kahlua, Armertto, Vodka and cream YUM YUM. The bartenders are very friendly and you can ask them about place to go in the city and they are in the know.

What Ship are you going on?

Yes the Hotel is close to the Pier, you can see the ships from the hotel. i don't know why it cost so much but it just does.

Yes of course we did the cocktail reception in the evening. Strawberry Margurita(sp) are really good, but will make most any drink you want. One bartender made me a drink called The Almond Kiss: Kahlua, Armertto, Vodka and cream YUM YUM. The bartenders are very friendly and you can ask them about place to go in the city and they are in the know.

What Ship are you going on?

I am going on the FANTASY :)

This will be my second time

but first time in New Orleans to stay overnight

So how long is the reception ?

Do they have a limit on the number of drinks for free?:p

Both of those drinks would be perfect for me

The Happy Hour starts at 5 or 5:30 and ends 2 hrs. later. Yes you can have as many drinks as you can drink in the 2 hrs. If you don't drink, you can ask for sodas.

We sailed on the NCL Sun. As you can see we've cruised quite a bit. I just love it. We're sailing again in Dec. out of Ft. Lauderdale. Can't wait even though we're going to Fla. in Nov. Doing Dizzy World and then heading South. Our son's High School Marching Band is leading off the Parade at the Magic Kingdom. We went 3 yrs. ago when our daughter was still in H.S. It's really a cool thing for the kids.

The Happy Hour starts at 5 or 5:30 and ends 2 hrs. later. Yes you can have as many drinks as you can drink in the 2 hrs. If you don't drink, you can ask for sodas.

We sailed on the NCL Sun. As you can see we've cruised quite a bit. I just love it. We're sailing again in Dec. out of Ft. Lauderdale. Can't wait even though we're going to Fla. in Nov. Doing Dizzy World and then heading South. Our son's High School Marching Band is leading off the Parade at the Magic Kingdom. We went 3 yrs. ago when our daughter was still in H.S. It's really a cool thing for the kids.

WOW !

that starts pretty early ,

:D a two hour free drinking spree !

I guess that we can eat after that :eek: !!

We are doing this for my birthday

and this will be my sisters first cruise ever

as well as two of my coworkers that are also going...

So this will be our headstart for the cruise .

Thank you so very much for all the info

It is very much appreciated!!:)

Archived