Dining Schedule on 14 Day Hawaiian Cruise

HookedAfterOne

We did the 14 day Hawaii cruise last year and the only days I wouldn't recommend missing the dining room would of course be the formal nights because the food tends to be better on those days. Maybe the night you are in Honolulu because you are there until 11:00 pm and the restaurant definitely wouldn't be crowded that night. Enjoy and make sure you take some seasick pills for those days at sea..or I found out on that cruise that ginger tablets work great and you can still have your cocktails with dinner! I don't mean to scare you but there was one or two days that were a little rough but out of 8 at sea you can't really complain.

I was trying to figure out which days were formal, informal and casual ... now that I re-read my question, I can see how I caused all that confusion ... I have sailed on the Infinity before and loved the dinner we had at the SS United States ... so the Normandy is a "must do" for me ... with all the great food in the main dining room, I was just trying to figure out which day would be best to skip the main dining room ... thanks for all the replies ...

Which cruise to Hawaii are you booked on?. We are booked on the Summit to Hawaii on 28 April 2007 and we have just been given the rota on dining from the last cruise. They may change it though so I imagine its not really very reliable. I am happy to give it to you if you wish

Gail

We did Infinity last Fall to Hawaii, and we chose an informal night...already met the dress code (I didn't have room for ONE MORE BLAZER in my luggage), but didn't miss a formal night in the diningroom.

Our cruise had three formal nights, seven casual, and four informal.

Given that the first four days are at sea, you can bet that the first night is casual, the second is formal, and the third is likely to be informal. Possibly the fourth as well. After that, it'll depend on your schedule in the islands, but we did have our second formal night on a night we left port...

Also, if you overnight in Oahu, we used that night to dine in town, and had a wonderful meal at Aaron's atop the Ala Moana....

The other nice thing about choosing the third night is that you might find, on a two week cruise, that you'd like to go back again to the specialty restaurant during the second half, and this leaves more options for later...

When you board, if you've made the wrong choice, and they've changed the schedule on you, just explain your preferences to the Maitre d', and he'll do his best to accomodate you.

Have fun,

Andrew

And I can hardly wait ... please send what you think the rotation would be ... I am absolutely ridiculous (and meticulous) when it comes to my planning ... half the fun is in the planning ... right?

It pretty much depends on the itinerary for your island visits but as Blazerboy says there a few you can bet on.

First will be casual and second will be formal, third informal then this is a flavour as I say depending on your island visits. This was the last hawaii 14 night schedule.

C,F,I,C,I,C,I,C,F,I,C,C,F,C

Its fits for our itinerary on 28th April 2007 - hope this helps.

Gail

Archived