what to do with belongings during cavetubing

cws1966

Hi,

What did you do with your passport, money, etc. while you were cavetubing. I think i read somewhere that they have a locked van, but weren't you worried about breakins? Thanks

Purchase an Aquapac or water wallet type device. They typically have acord that you can attach to your swim suit. You can get ones that are big enough to carry your money, cruise card and passports. You can find them online or in dive shops if you have one of those locally. I think some of the ships even sell them.

THanks for the help! Can you get by with going ashore with just a copy of your passport? I thought you had to have the real thing? We're going with Yhauni at cavetubing.com. Do they guard their vans?

Thanks again!

We went with Yhonny with Cave tubing.com- left all our stuff on the bus- guys stayed with it-no problem. In fact they even joked that they would KNOW who did not trust them to guard their things cuz they would be paying with wet dollars. No problem at all- it was well worth it!

Hi,

What did you do with your passport, money, etc. while you were cavetubing. I think i read somewhere that they have a locked van, but weren't you worried about breakins? Thanks

I was concerned, but was assured that the driver would be staying with the bus. As it turned out that wasn't true. When we returned the bus was empty, driver no where in sight and the bus was open. I don't think the majority of our group was even aware that this happened (our guide and us were the first ones to the bus) and I don't think that will happen again because our guide had a few words with the driver. If I had it to do again I'd probably either get a water wallet or ziplock sandwich bag for a few important things.

Archived