Missed Connection/Baggage Delay - Best Policy?

redrobin

Looking at insurance options, not as much for medical benefits as for travel protection. Am flying in a day early using frequent flyer miles. However, with it being spring break season, am concerned if a flight/connection is missed due to weather or equipment problems, seats on later flights may be very hard to find.

From your experience, what company provides the best coverage for this situation? I know Princess insurance gives you credit for any non-covered reason, but is also more expensive. Also, anyone have experience with you making the cruise, but your luggage arriving at your destination after you've departed?

Thanks!

Looking at insurance options, not as much for medical benefits as for travel protection. Am flying in a day early using frequent flyer miles. However, with it being spring break season, am concerned if a flight/connection is missed due to weather or equipment problems, seats on later flights may be very hard to find.

From your experience, what company provides the best coverage for this situation? I know Princess insurance gives you credit for any non-covered reason, but is also more expensive. Also, anyone have experience with you making the cruise, but your luggage arriving at your destination after you've departed?

Thanks!

We use Travel Guard and was reimbursed for baggage that arrived after 24 hours.

I have used Travel Guard too for baggage protection and they have proved to be prompt payers for purchase of essentials. If you are worried about missing the ship because of lost connections then I believe that Princess offers the best deal since they take care of all onward passages. Basically you get what you pay for, they charge more because they insure you against a greater risk.

Here is my experience with Travel Guard ... We purchased their insurance for our Baltic Cruise, where en-route to Copenhagen, BA baggage handlers in London (our connection) went on strike and hundreds of flights were cancelled.

We received our luggage on day 8 of our 10-day cruise.

Needless to say, we had a lot of shopping to do. We kept all receipts and were very promptly re-imbursed for clothing, essentials, and even our fare to get from London to C'Hagen when BA wouldn't come thru for us to get us to C'Hagen in time for our cruise. I am so happy we had such good luck with Travel Guard - shopping for anything in Copenhagen is very expensive!

As a side note, since this is a Princess thread. Princess was wonderful allowing my husband use of a tux and me a discount to purchase formal wear for formal night. Comp laundry. Constant contact w/ BA trying to connect with our luggage at the next port. They were wonderful and went way above and beyond.

Archived