Capt McNaught Rules..........Discuss

Anteeta

• 3 months later...

Have been reading this thread again ! :D

On the "40th Anniversary Voyage", everybody did a magnificent job, and Cunard and Captain McNaught must be proud of all the staff and crew of the "QE2", IMHO ,the Crew on "QE2" are the best i have had the pleasure of Cruising with. ! :)

So i would like to thank Captain McNaught and his Staff and crew for an experience i will never ever forget ! :D

Whichever Queen they transfer to, is where i will be going ! ;)

regards,

Gav :cool:

• 1 month later...

Captain McNaught will have disembarked the "QE2" today for a well deserved rest. I wish him a safe journey home.

Following the hectic "40th Anniversary Cruise" , also a few engine problems and a Medical emergency shortly after leaving Canada, where he had to turn herself around to meet assistance and which most likely resulted in the saving of a life.

Ian will be back on, January 6th 2008 for the " Historic " final Winter crossing in Tandem with "Queen Victoria". When he will meet the "Winter Crossing Club" (lucky man)

My Dad and Myself are very much looking foward to this voyage, which will be our first, Winter Transatlantic Crossing (and Tandem Crossing) and of course "QE2`s" last.

Im sure there will be lots of exciting events onboard, including my 2nd "Cabin Cavalcade", and of course the ultimate, Three Queens meeting in New York.

It will be great to introduce my Dad to Ian and also to other Cruise Critic members. Members who i have had the pleasure to meet before including , Julia (Juliecat) and Jon (Transat jon) and of course the others i have not yet met ,including the Icon who is Matthew (Kindlychap)

Regards,

Gavin :cool:

Well put Richard, I couldn't have said it better myself. Although I would have to agree that the late Captain Bennel is my all time favorite, but McNaught is my favorite out of all of the current captains.

Well put Richard, I couldn't have said it better myself. Although I would have to agree that the late Captain Bennel is my all time favorite, but McNaught is my favorite out of all of the current captains.

I never met Captain Bennel, only Captain McNaught, Captain Bates and Commodore Warwick (after he retired)

Gavin

The captain on my first crossing was Robert Arnott. We had a safe uneventful crossing, therefore he was a good captain.

That was June 1984.

Yes safe would be good :)

Not sure about others, but i personaly don`t mind a bit of Rough !!!!! :D :p

Gav :cool:

So there I was, playing with off-site mail, and up came:

and some jerk posted back saying, "Oh give the man

a break, he does have a life outside of the ship!", how stupid can you be, they take everything so literally, now I just lurk.

from one of our more known and knowing members. No matter, it brought to mind: why all this stuff about the various Captains? They point the bow, they dock. Most are good and hold their jobs. Why do so many of you go ga-ga over having a picture of yourself with somreone who doesn't know you? (And from some entendre it would sound a photo with a cabin boy would be more to your liking.) Whassup wid at?

Why do so many of you go ga-ga over having a picture of yourself with somreone who doesn't know you?

Who says he doesnt? I was quietly amazed when at the Captains welcome party Captain Bates welcomed me back onboard and said l will see you at the table later.

Wouldnt say we go gaga over the photos, but they are a nice souvenir, though why have the back drop of the titanic staircase, I never could get my head round that one.

As for Captains, In the Thatcher book it mentions Capt P Russell, we dont hear much about him?

(and not an entendre in sight:eek:)

Why do so many of you go ga-ga over having a picture of yourself with someone who doesn't know you?

Captain McNaught invited me to his quarters for a cocktail party, and had made the effort to find out who i was, and greeted me by my first name, even though i was introduced by my surname.

That is more than someone who just points a Ship in the right direction !!

I will have the pleasure of seeing him again soon !!!

Gavin.

Captain McNaught invited me to his quarters for a cocktail party
That is more than someone who just points a Ship in the right direction !!

Gavin

Not that l would ever name drop(:rolleyes: ) At Captain Bates cocktail party in his quarters, one of the junior officers did approach me from behind and say to me that imortal words "So your Cunardqueen". He hosted the Captains table one night, and we had a scream that night, the wine seemed to flow even more than usual.

Im quite thankful that they do more than just point the ship in the right direction

Gavin

Not that l would ever name drop(:rolleyes: ) At Captain Bates cocktail party in his quarters, one of the junior officers did approach me from behind and say to me that imortal words "So your Cunardqueen". He hosted the Captains table one night, and we had a scream that night, the wine seemed to flow even more than usual.

Im quite thankful that they do more than just point the ship in the right direction

Myles,

What are you insinuating !!!! :eek: :rolleyes:

Gavin :cool:

Myles,

What are you insinuating !!!!

Gavin

Nothing Gavin!!

Of course l do have a cap if anybody wants to borrow it;) its just that lm not finished with it yet:D

Perhaps l should wait till iv finished digging the hole l seem to have ended up in:eek:

Besides How could l insinuate anything after having your package thrust into my hands on the mini cruise........ Your an Icon after all:) :)

Archived