Dolphin discovery photos and video prices

gomomgo

Has anyone done the dolphin discovery swims at Chankanaab and purchased videos and photos? We are doing the "Royal Swim" and I know we'll want to have photos and videos of it. How much do they charge? It says you can pay with credit card for these, but will we pay extra for the convenience?

We just did the royal swim last week and we loved it! Each person in our group had 4 photos taken: the dolphin kiss, the dolphin laying across your arms, the foot push, and the pull by the fins. Each photo was $10-$15 depending on the size of the photo. They all turned out great and we spent a fortune! My in laws had come with us to watch but they weren't allowed all the way to the back of the pen where we were. The day we were there, all the groups were situated in the back--probably, so you have to buy their photos!

We just did the royal swim last week and we loved it! Each person in our group had 4 photos taken: the dolphin kiss, the dolphin laying across your arms, the foot push, and the pull by the fins. Each photo was $10-$15 depending on the size of the photo. They all turned out great and we spent a fortune! My in laws had come with us to watch but they weren't allowed all the way to the back of the pen where we were. The day we were there, all the groups were situated in the back--probably, so you have to buy their photos!

It sounds like the photos they take are pretty specific. Do they take any speciail request group photos of a family with the dolphins? That would make a great Christmas card photo!

Just checking to see if anyone has copied the video from the Royal Swim? We just got back and sailed with 3 other families. We bought one video for 50.00. and want to copy it. Any tips? I know that when we went to view it it wouldn't work on our home dvd player, but it did work on the kids X-BOX system. Something to do with the type of dvd I'm told. Thanks for any help on this!

• 2 months later...

I'm also wondering if it's possible to copy the DVD. I know that at the end of the DVD it warns you not to, says you'll risk ruining the DVD by copying or capturing screen stills. I'd love to mail it to my parents to watch, but I'd hate to have my only one lost in the mail!!

We have been unable to play the DVD (January 2007) on anything but a windows media player, and it cannot be copied. :mad: And the problem with the windows media player is you cannot freeze frame and get a picture from it. DVD's from earlier visits worked on the DVD player, etc.

That being said, we always (5 times) buy the DVD's from our royal dolphin swims, and buy almost all the of the professional photos they take. We have a wall filled with great memories. We haven't seen any additional charge over the approx $200 we spend on the DVD-pics each time we are there.

We also take the disposable cameras with us, the ones with the large blue "rubberband" wristlets, and are able to hang those up on the wire fence when we interact with the dolphins. Develop to both print and digital media.

don't lean against the wire fencing. It has fire coral on it, and anywhere you touch it directly with skin - rash time. Ouch.

Have a fabulous time doing the encounter. It is fantastic, we love it - having been there 5 times and would do it many times again when we hit cozumel. :D :D

We did the dolphin swim on 3/16 and got the video. I made a backup copy without problems before I even saw the warning. It's a DVD+RW format disk, so I was concerned about accidently copying over it. (Since they automatically make copies for everyone before you purchase them, they can recopy the unsold disks.) I also captured some still images from it, but the resolution was not that great. Not all equipment & software is compatible with that format. I used Nero Showtime.

To answer my earlier question about a family pose with the dolphins, our trainer was willing, but the professional photographer told me they were not allowed to take group photos. Not very smart, because I would have purchased the group photo along with all the individual photos I bought. At least I was able to get a shot of my daughters and the dolphins with my own camera.

Archived