Reef & wreck

SLL

I just did the reef and wreck snorkel a couple days ago. I had a great time. The reef was really neat, and we saw a ton of fish. The wreck was also really cool, to see huge pieces of a ship on the ocean floor. Not as many fish there, but there was a huge school that completely swam around me. And some people said they saw a huge stingray, although unfortuantely I missed that. The tour operators were really nice as well, we did the snorkeling off of a ship driven not too far out from the dock. In my opinion, it was a really great deal, $38 and it was some really good snorkeling. Definately good bang for your buck.

My family did the reef and wreck snorkel through RCCL last month. I agree that the reef and the wreck were good snorkeling spots, but we did not enjoy the excursion. They took us out on a 3 level snorkle boat. There were too many people on the excursion to make it an enjoyable excursion. We simply could not snorkel without people constantly running into us or kicking us in the face with their flippers. My DH and DS got run over so many times that they just gave it up and went back to the boat.

There are plenty of independant tour operators that you can do this tour with that would be less crowded and more enjoyable than a through a ship excursion.

We decided on the Aquaboats tour that goes to a reef and the wreck as well as a beach. Though this is a ship excursion, there are a limited number of boats so it can't be that crowded.

We did this last year through Carnival..... about 30 people on the boat and we thoroughly enjoyed it..... most were first time snorkelers so having the boat there and not being able to see shore was a nice secure feeling for them......

Archived