Barcelona Cruise Terminal

Can anyone provide information on the cruise terminal in Barcelona? We arrive via the airport 1 day before our cruise departs (May 29th) and would like to leave our luggage at the cruise terminal instead of toting it to our hotel in Barcelona. Can the terminal be reached by walking, or is a taxi suggested? (Probably depends on where we book a hotel - still sorting through all of that!)

Thanks.

Someone might have more insight into this than I do, but I sincerely doubt you can leave your luggage at the cruise terminal. Unlike train stations and the like, there aren't any lockers or other luggage storage facilities at the cruise terminals that I'm aware of. You'll have to take it with you to your hotel and then bring it to the terminal on your boarding day.

On our Millennium cruise, we used the Moll Adossat terminal :http://www.apb.es/en/PORT/Cruises/Terminals/Terminal_A_Moll_Adossat

You could access it by shuttle bus from the base of Las Ramblas but we took a taxi from our hotel (Continental Palacete) for approx. 12E plus tip.

Can anyone provide information on the cruise terminal in Barcelona? We arrive via the airport 1 day before our cruise departs (May 29th) and would like to leave our luggage at the cruise terminal instead of toting it to our hotel in Barcelona. Can the terminal be reached by walking, or is a taxi suggested? (Probably depends on where we book a hotel - still sorting through all of that!)

Thanks.

You cannot leave your luggage at the terminal.. There's no room to begin with, and add security to that. The terminal is not as easy to reach by walking a some would suggest. It's also a shipping port, and it's a little ways from the city (not much, just on the side) over an overpass with some traffic. It is not recommended to walk, but if you are the adventurous type and know where you are going.......I would highly suggest taking a taxi from your hotel. Then see if you want to walk it next time you are there.

here a picture of the port area. as you can see, it's a big port. on carnival we docked far out on the figner of land in the upper right-hand corner. there were smaller ships docked more central. i wouldn't want to walk it. we had a shuttle bus serice for 5 euros. it was well worth the price. Port_Barcelona.JPG

You have received excellent advice. This may be the largest cruise port I've seen. There were many, many cruise ships in port when we boarded, and I was quite anxious as we neared the area because I couldn't see OUR ship. It just isn't a place you can store luggage, and walking is not a good option. Take a taxi.

Thanks!! to everyone for the all of the information. What a wonderful help you have been. It is so nice to know in advance what to expect. Walking is definitely out, a taxi it is. Thanks again.

Tamara

Tamara ... I wanted to pass along a suggestion that helped us in Barcelona. A lot of taxi drivers do not speak English, so if you write down the name of your ship and the name of the pier, it may help. We couldn't communicate this verbally to our taxi driver....thankfully the written version worked!

Thanks.

This link will take you to Barcelona Port which should answer most of your questions. You can also get the link here to the nearest hotel which is at the cruise terminal.

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/transport/barcelona-cruise-port.html

Archived