Elite mini bar setup?

septrack

Recently turned Elite. Just wondering how the mini bar setup is done. I read that they will look at the passenger preferences on My Princess and then stock the bar. Just wondering if they follow this very well? If you uncheck certain liquors or beer etc., wil they give extra of what you do specify?

TIA

Mark

My experience is that it is standard setup (two mini bottles of certain kinds of liquor, soda, etc.). I have specific preferences on my profile (gin and beer) and it didn't make a difference to my setup. That is, I didn't get more gin and beer and none of other kinds of liquor. I didn't say anything to our cabin steward about this either--maybe they could have made changes after the fact, but am not sure.

Hope this helps, Barbara

Sorry but your preferences will not be taken into account when setting up the mini bar; but your cabin steward will be glad to exchange the unwanted brands for those of your liking.

Mike:)

So you could exchange all the alcohol for soda? :)

Boo

They've yet to initially set up our mini-bar according to our recorded "preferences" - but all it has taken is telling our cabin steward what we want and it's taken care of. You can exchange the set up for soda, beer or whatever.

There are 20 total items in the mini bar setup. I had all items changed for 20 diet cokes on the last two cruises. Call room service when you get on board and they will change it for you. If you want only a few items changed sometimes your cabin steward will have a few extra items around and he can switch it for you, but otherwise call room service.

There are 20 total items in the mini bar setup. I had all items changed for 20 diet cokes on the last two cruises. Call room service when you get on board and they will change it for you. If you want only a few items changed sometimes your cabin steward will have a few extra items around and he can switch it for you, but otherwise call room service.

If both passengers in a cabin are Elite does this double things, or if only one Elite, does it reduce things by half? Just curious! Are all the items placed in the cabin fridge like hotels?

TIA

If both passengers in a cabin are Elite does this double things, or if only one Elite, does it reduce things by half? Just curious! Are all the items placed in the cabin fridge like hotels?

TIA

It does not matter how many in the cabin are Elite you will get one standard setup free. No double set up or half set up. On the Sea Princess this past December everything was set up on a tray in the room with a note indicating it was your free set up.

Fantastic! That is just what I was looking for.... :)

We aren't big drinkers... I like the occasional glass of champagne or cocktail, but spirits in a minibar would just go undrunk. Cans of diet coke would be very useful though :)

Boo

Also, almost every time I book my TA gives me a coupon for a complimentary bottle of wine valued at $20. If you don't want the wine you can order something else from room service instead, such as soda.

On our last cruise on the Golden room service allowed me a $20 shipboard credit to be spent any way I liked on the ship (not just on room service items). I have tried getting a shipboard credit for this coupon in the past by going to the purser's desk but was always refused. I think the back of the coupon states you cannot get cash or shipboard credit or something to that effect. This time I called room service first about the coupon and they allowed a $20 shipboard credit. The room service attendant even came down to my cabin and picked up the coupon.

Archived