Outcome of "Waitlisting" for Cabin Upgrade

duck tune

I was wondering if anyone has had any success getting a cabin upgrade when put on a waitlist. I understand that the upgrade fairy makes periodic visits but has anyone every made a specific request for a upgrade/upsell through a TA and been offered the chance to upgrade?

Thanks in advance!

I have done that myself. Once I book at particular catagory with my TA. I keep an eye on the HAL website and check to see if the catagory above has dropped in price. I was able to upgrade from a Veranda suite to a Deluxe Veranda suite (SA) for an additional $200.00 on my back to back Zuiderdam cruises. The only problem is now I'm hooked on the Neptune lounge. :D

Thanks for the feedback. We are happy with the cabin we have but since the TA offered to put us on the waitlist it's hard not to get our hopes up for an upgrade. I have always been curious about how "waitlists" turned out on cruise ships!

I booked the O back in March of 06 for a VD guarentee cabin. In the summer I noticed that cabin prices had dropped and I could get an SY for $113 than I had already paid. My TA said HAL would put me in the SY but would not made up the difference in cost. In other words I paid $1019pp for a cabin that was $906. Should I have pushed my TA to ask HAL for ship credit? Anybody with any experience in this area?

Archived