Bridesmaids Gifts/Cake Toppers??

Does anyone have any good ideas for Bridemaid's gift and cake toppers that relate to the tropical/ cruise ship marriage theme.

I have done some searches and haven't found any cake toppers I like and there are so many ideas for bridesmaid gifts I can't narrow it down.:confused:

Any websites you can point me to would be appreciated!:D

I am going with the flower topper. You can ask for it on most ships! If you are getting married at a island port the flowers will be more tropical! I had the same problem...so after looking at everything..the flowers just seemed to be the best option! I saw some pics here recently and they did the same thing...can't remember who it was that posted it...but it was last month sometime!! if I find it I'll repost the info!!

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure about cake toppers, but I found the prettiest necklaces in St. Thomas last year, and bought them for my bridal party. It's a fairly plain silver chain, with a sandal pendant. The sandal is decorated with crystals, and the "toes" are also crystals. I got all the sandal pendants in white, although there were other colors to choose from. They were relatively inexpensive. Here's a photo.

sandal.jpg.a70627c132d8821d2b702ef7afb45c10.jpg

I found a bunch of cake toppers on Ebay last night. I decided to go with a humorous one, rather than a beach or tropical theme. Actually, it's going to be a cute surprise for my husband... a certified golf nut.

563736896_Caketopper.jpg.1b4b66f010c406c08a5336c67eb3aa0d.jpg

http://www.sayido.com/wedding-keepers/shop/item.asp?itemid=263

Here's our cake topper. I didn't buy it direct though. I bought it through a fabulous bridal retailer on eBay. If you're interested I'll email you the name. I don't know if posting sellers names here is a violation of the rules or anything! :)

I'm sorry, I don't have any ideas about the bridesmaid gifts. I'm only having one attendant and I bought her something that was totally "not nautical".

I bought the people who helped with the wedding these adorable starfish necklaces. They're replicas of Tiffany pieces and actually had "T & Co" stamped on them like the real thing, which I didn't expect since I wasn't trying to make anything think I'd actually bought Tiffany.

http://cgi.ebay.com/925-STERLING-SILVER-FANCY-STARFISH-PENDANT-W-Cord_W0QQitemZ220090234118QQcategoryZ92789QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

The quality is quite nice and I wear mine often. I always get compliments on it.

For cake toppers I also went whimsical- my husband and I both grew up watching Looney Tunes (and still do!) so we had a Bugs and Lola Bunny cake topper. It's porcelain and is now decorating our kitchen.

th_DSCF0139.jpg

I bought the people who helped with the wedding these adorable starfish necklaces. They're replicas of Tiffany pieces and actually had "T & Co" stamped on them like the real thing, which I didn't expect since I wasn't trying to make anything think I'd actually bought Tiffany.

http://cgi.ebay.com/925-STERLING-SILVER-FANCY-STARFISH-PENDANT-W-Cord_W0QQitemZ220090234118QQcategoryZ92789QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

The quality is quite nice and I wear mine often. I always get compliments on it.

For cake toppers I also went whimsical- my husband and I both grew up watching Looney Tunes (and still do!) so we had a Bugs and Lola Bunny cake topper. It's porcelain and is now decorating our kitchen.

th_DSCF0139.jpg

The chars are beautiful, I logged onto ebay and noticed he was from Hong Kong. The shipping says 4.98 but not in US money, how much was your shipping? Also if you bought more than one, did you just bid on multiple auctions?

You can find additional dress pictres below. The dress was from Demetrios and I got it at a Macy's Bridal Shop.

It was in the 2004/2005 collection and one of the few gowns with sleaves for a mature (age 50) first time bride.

http://maryandbobcruisewedding.shutterfly.com/action/pictures;jsessionid=5219F8F8B6BF6901017B94601EE601E1?a=67b0de21b334986725c4&v=67b0de21b69b9d485530

• 5 months later...

I will be making this 3-D cruise ship from white chocolate and painting it to use as our cake topper. The cake will be decorated with molded white chocolate, painted seashells. We will use chocolate boxes filled with home made chocolates (all nautical themed) for favors. We are having our reception after we return from our cruise though, so I do not have to worry about any real traveling with these items.

• 2 years later...

For my bridesmaids I bought really nice pink cabana towels and had them engraved with each girls name in white. They are really nice towels. I'm going to wrap them up with a bow, an underwater camara, and sunscreen.

Archived