Is it true? - No free Pizza on Sea Princess?

aclay

Can someone tell me what the deal is with Pizza on the Crown?

Room service?

Sit down only?

By the pool?

24 hours?

Inquiring (pizza loving) minds want to know! Thanks.

While I'm asking - it's a little off topic - but what kind of food can you can 24/7? Just the limited room service menu, or are there other places to go? (I'm talking "free" here - what's included without a surcharge.)

That was my original post. I'm happy to hear that it's available and good - my other questions involve where and when is it available?

Thanks!

Hi Pizza masticators

Last time I was on The Sea, we could also get pizza after 11.00 p.m. in the Buffet (Horizon Court?)

I remember also having cherries jubilee one night...it was the low cholesterol and even lower calories variety.

6 days to go and then it's just a little 9 hour flight from the U.K. to Barbados ...then were cruising !!!!!!

John

Hi There

Pizza place is Verdi's and closes late afternoon to swap from Lunch menu to dinner menu, it is a great place to get a light meal.

yours Shogun

Just off Sea yesterday.The pizzeria hasn't been called Verdi's since Sea came back from P & O 2 years ago.It is now Cafe Corniche and I believe the menu was the same for both lunch and dinner.They do close for a few hours in the afternoon.Great antipasti and the best Margharita pizza I have ever had.

Just off Sea yesterday.The pizzeria hasn't been called Verdi's since Sea came back from P & O 2 years ago.It is now Cafe Corniche and I believe the menu was the same for both lunch and dinner.They do close for a few hours in the afternoon.Great antipasti and the best Margharita pizza I have ever had.

Opps! You are definitely correct on the name of the Italian Restaurant. That one slipped right by me.

You should be aware that the pizza served on the Sea is not the "pizza by the slice" as on other ships. They are individually prepared and are more gourmet style than pepperoni. (In fact, I don't think they even offer pepperoni).

Also, regarding the Crown -- Far and away the BEST PIZZA on Princess. In addition to the Cheese and Pepperoni pizza there is also a daily special. And the Crown is the first ship that actually gets all the cheese to melt!!!

Actually, you can order the pizza on the Sea 'anyway' you like it, even if it isn't on the menu. I often would order a pepperoni pizza with double pepperoni and double cheese. They list certain pizzas on the menu, but there is also a small section called 'create your own pizza' where you can tell them exactly what you would like on it. It makes it all the better.

The pizzas are individiually made. Most order one per person, or for a snack, we ordered one and split it. They will even make them half/half with some toppings on one side, different toppings on the other. Also, they offered a family size if you were looking for a larger pizza to feed three or four people.

The Crown pizzeria was WONDERFUL thin crispy crust, HUGE slices always hot. they open about 11am until midnight it is on the top deck near the pools...no problem taking it elsewhere. 3 kinds I believe and if you wanted a whole pizza, no problem, but it may take 20 min. It is fun to watch them "toss" the dough.:D

Thanks for the info on the Crown pizza Lalafrance and SilentTraveller. As far as I'm concerned - there's no situation a great piece of pizza can't make better......and if you're lucky enough to be on a beautiful cruise ship at the time - that's got to be close to perfection!!!! (I do still wish you could get a slice in the the middle of the night, but I'll survive.)

Archived