Number of ships in port

shey

Is there some sort of database out there that shows which ships (or at least the number of ships) that are scheduled to be in a port on any given day?

We're going to the Med in Sept/Oct and we're trying to decide which ports to do a scheduled excursion in and which to explore on our own. I read on a thread somewhere that it is good to see how many ships are in port that day so you can get an idea of how crowded the island is and plan accordingly.

For example, in Santorini, we must be tendered to shore. Then there are only 3 ways up the mountain to the town - cable car, donkey, or walking up the donkey trail. I know we'd be taking the cable car, but if there will be 4,000 other people from 3 different ships waiting to do the same thing, we'll take an excursion to the other side of the island.

Thanks!

I depart on 9/24 on Celebrity Galaxy out of Civitavecchia and return on 10/6. I tried checking cruiseclues.com last week as dforeigner suggested, but they didn't have any of my ports. I did find other good info on that site though.

I think the cruisecal.com site is perfect. Serene56 was right - it must have just been acting a little screwey the last time I tried it as it is pulling up everything now.

Thanks! :D

Archived