When are photos taken?

We'll be married October 3rd on Mariner of the Seas on the ship before it boards. We booked the ceremony and 2 hour reception and the photographer will be with us the entire time (we paid extra for this). I have a large family and a pretty lengthy list of posed family pictures I'd like to have taken but I don't want to take too much time away from the reception because I already feel like 2 hours won't be long enough for my 75 guests.

My question is, when does the photographer take all the posed pictures with your bridal party and family? And when does he/she take you around the ship for photos? Thanks so much.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello - I would have to disagree - I was married last month on Serenade of the Seas and we missed almost our entire two hour reception because of picture taking. I wasn't happy about this because when I booked the extra hour I was told that I could take pictures after the reception. Not to mention that we didn't get to eat with everyone else - considering how much you pay per person. We had about 20 non-sailing guests so we were disappointed that we didn't get to visit with them considering how far they travelled to be there.

Don't get me wrong we are extremely please with our cruise wedding and not to mention the pictures but be careful because the land co-ordinators and the ship co-ordinators don't always have the same answers.

Lippy

Is all this picture taking optional? I am getting married on Carnival and having a 90 minute reception. I would prefer to spend more time with guests and have less pictures taken. Is it acceptable to tell the photo people this? I have read some bad reviews on this board where the photogher just took over the reception with pictures and the cake cutting was done before the toast and without the guests involved.

• 3 weeks later...
Now I had a wonderful experience with the photographer aboard the Infinity. She took 270 pictures and of those only 4 really didn't turn out wonderfully. She was so wonderful!!! We were married the first day onboard before the ship left port and our time frame went wedding at 12:30pm Reception begining at 1:00 Non-sailing guests disembarking at 3:30. Now we were late getting everyone onboard, so the Ceremony was late begining but once everything got rolling it was wonderful. The photographer took pictures all throughout the ceremony. Then some posed family pictures afterwards. Then most guests followed the wedding coordinator down to the restaurant while Brent and I did some pictures out on deck. Then we went down and they began the reception. The photographer took pictures throughout the reception, such as Champagne Toast at the beginning, family toasts throughout lunch, the Cake cutting at the end of lunch, the bouquet and garter toss, then she took us around the ship a bit more as our guests left to take some additional pictures. Now there was only ours and another two person wedding aboard the ship that day so that may have been why we were not rushed with our pictures. But all in all it was a wonderful day and our photographer would have taken any poses we asked for!!!

Archived