How Princess CC counts our number of days !!!

fairsky1984

If you are looking for a cruise on the Princess site and you will find them listed as 10 day, or 12 day or 15 day, etc cruise. Then look at the itinerary and it will show one day more than the stated number of days. Whether you say they don't count the first or last day doesn't matter. Since they are both about a1/2 day they combine into one day. Then go to your cruise personalizer and the cruise is listed as a 15 NIGHT cruise or 12 NIGHT. Interesting

They shorted me on actual cruise NIGHTS. I've kept perfect records.

Where Princess gets it wrong, best I can tell, is on repositioning cruises. Princess doesn't show you days or nights by cruise on the Captains Circle totalizer. Also the advertised days don't always match perfectly with actual days.

we only had one repositioning cruise, but I just checked our CC and Princess has our numbers exactly.

That's my point, Fred S. and I agree with you. But it's not the "day" or "night" issue I'm talking about.

When the Princess website says 10 days, 12 days, 15 days or whatever days as in Fred's example, it is sold as such and gratuities are charged as such; so the expectation is the same number will be used toward our total number of days cruised.

When a passenger pays for an advertised number of days (or nights....whatever word we use), that passenger should get credit for that SAME number.

Yet according to the rep yesterday, CC credits given would only be 9 days, 11 days or 14 days "because Princess doesn't count the first day" (Princess' words). Why not?

My specific question to the rep was, "For your advertised 10-day cruise, you're saying Princess CC only would award 9 days??" The rep's answer was yes, the cruise total awarded would be 9, 11 or 14; not the advertised 10, 12, or 15 (using Fred's examples).

That's where my problem is; it's the principle of their counting one less day than advertised, resulting in being short-changed. And as has been mentioned in several posts, with CC perks being modified, it could potentially affect reaching the next tier.

My total cruise days has been shorted by 20 days. I've had a total of 24 cruises. So if I "incorrectly" added one extra day in each of those 24 cruises (because I counted a 10-day as 10, etc), I should be off by 24 days, not the 20 that I am. Their rationale and their math don't add up (no pun intended :D ).

Also, as I also mentioned in an earlier post ....

In the past several years, every few months my traveling companion's mail and Cruise Personalizer changes from "Mr." to "Ms." and his gender is also changed from "male" to "female"! :eek:

Princess tells me that just can't happen :rolleyes: , yet it sure DOES!! He has a name that is either male or female and always has since our first cruise with Sitmar in 1984.

Per PC, he needs to go to the CC Host onboard his next cruise with a photo ID to prove that he is really a he. It does get changed; only to mysteriously go back to "Ms." and "female" again a short time later! How can that magically happen?

That mystery, along with receiving one day less than the Princess' advertised length of a cruise, just has me shaking my head....

(and yes, I do have the name of the CC rep with whom I spoke at length yesterday, will call again and request a supervisor as has been suggested to review the rep's explanations).

Fairsky,

You’re hung up on the rep’s explanation for the error in the number of days. The rep is absolutely wrong about how the number of days is calculated, so it’s no wonder that the number is still wrong using his/her reasoning. You definitely have a problem, so call back and perhaps someone more knowledgeable can fix it.

Jim

Fairsky,

You’re hung up on the rep’s explanation for the error in the number of days. The rep is absolutely wrong about how the number of days is calculated, so it’s no wonder that the number is still wrong using his/her reasoning. You definitely have a problem, so call back and perhaps someone more knowledgeable can fix it.

Jim

Thanks jayevee44. Sometimes we can't see the forest because of the trees. :o

I do plan to call Princess CC again Monday and hope it will be easily solved. Perhaps I can get the Mr.-to-Ms. continuing mystery solved also. :)

I'll post here any info so others with incorrect CC numbers can follow to resolve theirs also.

Thanks again.

Fairsky,

Jim

Thanks jayevee44. Sometimes we can't see the forest because of the trees. :o

I do plan to call Princess CC again Monday and hope it will be easily solved. Perhaps I can get the Mr.-to-Ms. continuing mystery solved also. :)

I'll post here any info so others with incorrect CC numbers can follow to resolve theirs also.

Thanks again.

Archived